Now, it looks like Android and Leaks are predominant, after Google’s Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S and Google Nexus One got their Gingerbread 2.3.3 Android version release. Though Verizon hasn’t confirmed anything about the update but the fact is that Verizon is pushing this update to the selected users as of now on checking the response for the same. Once things fall in place then Verizon will push this update to all the users so that Droid X can be updated with the latest Android 2.3.3 release which is really a great news for all the Droid X users. Good news doesn’t stop there even, as we have made sure that you don’t have to wait till the Verizon pushes the update as we have managed to get the official 2.3.3 release for your Motorola Droid X, so let’s check out how you can do so in a flash. With this Gingerbread update their comes many benefits, right from higher quadrant scores to the better optimization of the battery to the major performance tweaks so that your phone will be much more faster with richer graphics set inclusion. Do, note that updating with this firmware won’t mean that you are rooting Motorola Droid X or the warranty will be void. Last time we saw on how one can install the beta release of Android’s Gingerbread 2.3 version. Don’t forget to create a back up or write down all the Internet settings configuration as you will have to configure them after the firmware update to access Internet on your Droid X.
Please note that this is the manual release and no problems have been reported with this release and also most importantly the final release from Verizon might differ from this one, though this seems like an unlikely event. So, now all you need to do is to just follow the procedure as mentioned below and you will be easily able to update your Motorola Droid X with the latest Gingerbread release of 2.3.3 version. There are many famous Droid X forums which are posting the wrong links of the firmware update which are actually the test builds and are potentially harmful for your Droid X. So, trust the genuine releases here at this site, as if you come across any problem then we provide free support for your Motorola Droid X. So, just follow the Pre firmware update instructions followed by the procedure to update and that’s it you will be on the latest Gingerbread 2.3.3 release on your Motorola Droid X powered by Verizon.
Pre Firmware Update instructions:
- Please note that you will have to back up all the data before proceeding to the firmware update as you will be losing all your data after the firmware update process. The data which needs to be backed up are contacts, messages, call log, applications, images, songs and other multimedia data in your phone which you can restore after the firmware update process.
- Also, before proceeding to update ensure that it’s on Verizon network and not an unlocked version as if you have unlocked your Droid X and is updating with this update then there is a high probability that you may again end up locking your Droid X with Verizon.
- If your device has undergone the rooting process then after the update you will have to again root the device as the rooting access is filled by this update. The users who have already updated their device has reportedly said about the increase in the overall quadrant ranks along with many other great set of features.
Ensure that you are on Motorola Droid X powered with Verizon Wireless after which you will have to ensure that you have an at least 50% of battery power so that update gets successfully completed as the firmware update requires more battery life than the normal usage.
Procedure to update Motorola Droid X with latest Gingerbread 2.3.3:
First of all from your computer you need to download the Droid X Gingerbread 2.3.3 update file and then you will have to unzip the same to get the update.zip file. Now, please note that while unzipping if it prompts you to enter the password then you will have to enter the password as“androidadvices.com
- Now, after copying the device and the appropriate backup, switch off the device and remove the SIM card along with the memory card if any and switch off your phone so that in an unlikely event the data in memory card and sim card doesn’t get corrupt.
- Now, hold the home button and then the power button after which you will see the Motorola Logo appear on the screen, now you can release the power button after which you will see an exclamation mark after which just press on the search key once and you will be in the recovery mode in Motorola Droid X.
- Next up as soon as the device switches ON in the recovery mode, you will see an option called update.zip, select the same and then after that the updation process will get initiated after which you will see that phone may get rebooted once, it’s not recommended to interrupt the updation process by pressing any other keys as this may interrupt the whole process and you will have to probably repeat the whole process again.
So, that’s it after the file processing gets completed, you will see that your phone will be in the latest 2.3.3 Gingerbread version. Do, let us know if you face any problems while updating your phone as we will help you out to get out of the same. It’s recommended to reset your device to factory settings once the firmware updation process is completed as this will remove the cache files if there are any on your Droid X so that your phone becomes faster and clutter free. Don’t forget to configure the APN which is nothing but the Internet settings as all the Internet settings will be resetted as the firmware installation clears everything. Along with the Internet settings, you also will have to restore the back up of all the applications, messages, contacts etc.