For all the Motorola Milestone users across the Globe there’s a great news for all you guys as you can now upgrade your Motorola Milestone Android phone with the most awaited Android 2.2 version officially. Please note that this update is available not Over the Air (OTA) and needs to be updated with the USB cable from your computer. After 9 months of the Froyo launch, Motorola has now taken steps to update its devices with the same. So, let’s check out some of the enhancements which have been now inducted with this Android 2.2 Froyo version.
Improvements with Froyo 2.2
- 3G Hot spot connectivity feature has been now part of standard features,
- Improved web browsing experience as now Milestone supports Android Flash 10.1 version which can be downloaded from the Market and also alternatively you can also install the latest Adobe Flash 10.2 version.
- Faster browser experience with faster loading of heavy web pages.
- All new security features including wipe and device lock, minimum password length and complex password.
- New tips, shortcuts and quick assistance on the home screen.
- With long press of home key, you can now get the latest 8 apps used in the quick view so that you can choose the same.
- Improved connectivity and WiFi capabilities
- Using Google Backup and Restore options you can preserve apps and settings
- Downloaded apps can now be automatically updated and can move the apps to the SD card directly.
- Better management of Password policies, increased ring and notification volume, improved Hotmail sync, streamlined efficiency in Exchange Active sync.
Procedure to Update Motorola Milestone with Froyo 2.2
- First up you will have to head to Motorola’s Update Page after which you will need to choose the country of origin and click on the arrow which is situated just next to it as shown below.
- Now, after selecting the country, a new page will be opening up wherein you will have to choose the Device as Milestone from the list as shown below,
- Next up you need to ensure that you have taken a backup of all the applications and data from your phone as this update will wipe off the complete data in the phone, you can make use of Google Sync to sync all important data and also you can take a manual back up of all other data like images, pictures, music files and videos if any. Make sure that you have a USB cable before proceeding to update. After having all of these, proceed by ticking on the radio button of “I have read Step 3” option as shown below,
So, after this you just need to download froyo 2.2 from here and need to open the file on your computer or Laptop and follow the on screen options to update your Milestone with the Froyo 2.2 version. Do, let us know if you come across any problems in updating , we will be happy to help.