Quick Connect feature allows you to search easily and connect to nearby devices. You can easily share content stored on your device with other devices as we as computers. It uses the Bluetooth feature, Wi-Fi Direct, or Screen mirroring depending on the type of content are sharing and whether the other device has Quick Connect installed.
You need to ensure that devices to be connected support the Quick Connect feature and that their screens are turned on. You have to keep the Wi-Fi Direct or the Bluetooth feature activated on other devices if they do not support the Quick Connect.
Share Content with Quick Connect
- Open the Notification Panel by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, to access Quick connect.
- Select “Quick connect.”
- Now make your device Always visible or Only when Quick connect turned on.
- Select “TURN ON QUICK CONNECT.”
- Now a list of nearby devices will be visible. Select the device you would like to connect to.
- Now share content to send a contact or other content with the selected device.
All the sharing options available for the connection type display. Select the type of content you want to share.
- The device with which you are sharing the content will be asked to ACCEPT or DECLINE the files.
- After the files have been accepted and downloaded, they can be accessed from the application in which they are used. You can also access them from the Notification Panel by swiping down from the top of the screen.
Share the Content You are Viewing
- Open the content you want to share.
- Access the Quick connect from any menu or application by opening the Notification Panel by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom.
- Touch Quick connect.
- Touch the device name.
- Touch Share selected content.
- The device you are sharing with will be asked to ACCEPT or DECLINE the content.
- After the files have been accepted and downloaded, they can be accessed from the application in which they are used (such as the Contacts application). You can also access them from the Notification Panel by swiping down from the top of the screen.
Find a Nearby Device
If the device you want to connect to does not automatically display in the nearby devices list:
- Make sure the device you want to connect to is turned on and the screen is awake.
- Turn on Quick connect from the Notification Panel.