How to Wireless Tether Internet to Motorola Xoom from Android
For all those who want to know on how you can wirelessly tether your Motorola Xoom with an Android phone, we will see on how you can easily tether your Motorola Xoom. With a simple procedure tutorial below with screen shots it will be breeze in configuring the same for your Android device.
Please note that since the procedure involves rooting and unlocking the boot loader on your Xoom, every one may not be comfortable with this but we will make it simple by listing down the procedure below in a simple language. Please note that following the below procedure will be voiding the warranty and also you will not be able to benefit from the free 4G LTE upgrade which Motorola had announced later.
Procedure to wirelessly tether Internet to Xoom to Droid X:
- Before proceeding to the procedure you will have to make sure that you have gone through the process of unlocking the bootloader and also ensure that you have rooted the Motorola’s Xoom.
- After rooting, you will have to root Motorola Droid X too by following the simple instructions mentioned.
- Now, you will have to download Wireless tether from the Android’s Market Place and the same should be installed in the Motorola Droid X.
- After this, you will have to open the Wireless Tether application and then you will have to tap on the green Wi Fi tap to start the same as shown in the below snapshot.
- Now, next up you will have to go to your Xoom where in you will have to open your Wi Fi Settings and then you will have to look out for “Android Tether” and select the same as shown in the below snapshot.
- Now, after this you will have to tap on the “Android Tether” and then you will have to tap on “Connect”.
- After tapping on the “Connect”, you will see that the connection takes place and then you can see that Droid X has been successfully tethered to the Motorola Xoom.
So, in this way you have you have wirelessly tethered the Internet to Motorola Xoom from an Android device just by following the above procedure.