Sometimes all official things doesn’t come beautiful or say sometimes all beautiful things doesn’t come officially. So, in lines to this we will see on how you can easily update your HTC Desire with the latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.1 version. This update comes as a great respite for all those who always wanted to update their HTC Desire phones with the Gingerbread 2.3.1 version. Please note that this is not the Official firmware version which is released by the HTC but is the custom ROM which you can install for turning your device into a stunning looking one.
For your convenience we have broken this article into different pages wherein you can easily update your HTC Desire. Over a period of this article we will see on what are the enhancements which come along with this update and also we will see the screen captures on how this firmware will actually look in your phone followed by the pre requisites to be followed and the procedure to update your phone with the Gingerbread 2.3.1 version of firmware.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held liable or responsible in any manner if anything wrong happens to your device which is the most unlikely if you follow the instructions as prescribed in the due course of this article. It’s very important to follow the instructions or else the phone may even get bricked.
Enhancements / Contents in Gingerbread 2.3.1:
- Google Apps along with the Android Market Place,
- OTA Update facility which can be done by using the MOD / KERNEL / Flash tool,
- Google Maps 5.0 with finger rotation capability,
- Working Bluetooth,
- Working Camera,
- Apps2SD capability pre installed in this update of Gingerbread,
- Titanium backup application and also the ROM Manager app is included in this application,
- OCUV beater capability in pre installed in this version
- Wi Fi bug of frequent disconnection has been fixed,
- Free space have been improved marginally,
- GPS Connectivity in indoors is not an issue anymore
- All new launcher along with the boot image,
So, now let’s proceed to the next page where we will see on how this Custom ROM will actually look like along with the pre requisite instructions which you need to follow.