Having an HTC Desire S smart phone? Then in the due course of this article we will talk about on how you can install the latest version of Cyanogen MOD 7.1 version in your device. This comes as a huge relief for all those who have rooted and installed the custom recovery image last time on www.androidadvices.com. This all new Gingerbread version of Cyanogen MOD 7.1 firmware is dubbed as the Gingerbread 2.3.7. Please note that applying with this update will be requiring you to root the phone and also most importantly this is the custom ROM and not the official firmware which is released / leaked by the HTC in any manner. This firmware is developed by the Cyanogen MOD which is the a custom ROM developer.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner just in case if you face any issues in the process of the firmware rooting process as which is a very unlikely if you follow the instructions as it is which are mentioned.
In the due course of this article we will see on how you can install the clock work MOD recovery and also we will see on how to turn S Off in the HTC Desire S and then followed by the list of instructions which you need to follow to apply this Gingerbread 2.3.7 update for Desire S. But before all that lets have a quick look on what are the enhancements which come along with this Gingerbread 2.3.7 Cyanogen MOD ROM along with the list of pre requisites.
Enhancements in Cyanogen MOD 7.1 Firmware for Desire S:
- Based on the latest Gingerbread 2.3.7 firmware,
- Supports all the AOSP based kernels as it’s based on the Stock CM Kernel 188.8.131.52,
- Battery Life has been optimized along with the faster user interface and an all new UI,
- Increased Quadrant Ranks when checked with Antutu benchmarking tool
- Supports the latest Android Market place 3.1.6,
- With dedicated “downloads” section, you can now manage all your downloads easily
When we talk of enhancements, there are some couple of de merits too for this firmware which are listed below,
Since it’s a new ROM, it will be having some bugs and issue with some particular Games and applications which we hope that will be fixed in the coming versions of the firmware,
- If more than 5 – 6 applications are opened then you might face issues like Force Close and error reporting prompts.
- Google Applications needs to be separately applied which we will see them though,
Now, let’s head straight to the next page where we will see on how you can easily apply this update of Gingerbread 2.3.7 firmware.