Procedure to update HTC Desire S with Gingerbread 2.3.5:
- First up you will have to download the Gingerbread 2.3.5 update Zip File in your computer and after that you will have to connect the phone with the computer using the USB cable which you have got at the time of purchasing the phone.
- Now, as soon as you connect the phone you will have to copy this Zip file into your phone and then you will have to ensure that the file is not placed deep into any folders or else the zip file won’t be detected in the phone.
- Now, disconnect the phone from the computer which is connected using the USB cable and then simply turn off the phone so that then you can enter the phone into the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing the Volume Down Key and simultaneously you need to press the Power button after which you will see the recovery screen in your phone.
- In the recovery screen, you will need to choose the option of “install from sdcard/zip file” and then choose the file which you have copied into your phone which is named as “HTC_DESIRE_S_2.3.5-2.10.401.4.zip”.
- So, as soon as you select the file, the firmware will be updated successfully. Please note that in the due course of the update ensure that you are not interrupting the process of firmware update, if you interrupt the same then there is a possibility that you may have to apply the update once again.
- So as soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooting and after that to just check whether the firmware has been updated successfully or not you will have to go to the path of Settings > About Phone to check with the same where you will see that the firmware version is Gingerbread 2.3.5.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to answer all of those at the earliest. Just in case if you are unable to access the Internet which is by 3G / GPRS, then you will have to again configure the APN Settings in your phone so as to access the Internet.