Seems like Cyanogen Mod 7 nightly build on a Gingerbread platform is the best combination with the Android device, now let’s check out how you can install the latest Android 2.3 Gingerbread on your HTC desire Z series of smart phone or the T-Mobile G2. Please note that, you have backed up all the data of your device as in an unlikely event you may lose out the data. Also, it is very important to make sure that you follow the step by step procedure as mentioned below as if not followed properly you may end up with many problems after flashing as it may lead to improper flashing of the device.
Procedure to install to Install Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS on HTC Desire Z or on T-Mobile G2:
- Before proceeding to download make sure that you have rooted your Android device that is your HTC Desire Z is rooted and also you need to install the ROM Manager on it from the Android Market.
- Now you need to the Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery 3.0, so that you can create a recovery image and also can take a backup of the existing ROM. After that you need to download it from here if you do not have it.
- Now you need to download the Cyanogen Mod 7 for Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM on your computer for your HTC device that is Desire Z or T Mobile G2.
- After downloading the files, you need to copy the downloaded file to your SD Card and then you need to start the ROM Manager and then simply select the Install ROM option from your SD card.
- Now, you need to Wipe Data and Cache so that you can erase all the unwanted files which are stored in the cache. As soon as you erase the cache file, your phone will reboot after few Minutes. After the reboot you can see that your device will be running on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
Do share us your experiences in the comments section below.