If you have HTC Droid Eris device and if you want to update your device with the latest Gingerbread 2.3 then let’s see how you can do so. So, let’s proceed for the installation procedure after which you can have Gingerbread on your HTC droid Eris. Please ensure to take back up of all your data as after installing the new firmware you may lose all your data. Also most importantly please follow the instructions as mentioned below as if not followed properly then it may even turn your device into an unusable phone. Also, note that this one is not official update for your device and this is the ROM version which gets a periodical update and also this update is not a stable one as this ROM has some issues with GPS and also in Blue tooth, you cannot transfer the file which is higher than 50 MB of size. Please note that your device is not locked and is unlocked as it may brick your device if you try installing with this firmware on your device as this does
Procedure to install Android 2.3 Gingerbread for HTC Droid Eris:
- First, you need to download the kaosgingerbread-v6 ROM
- Now, after downloading the ROM, you will have to copy the Android 2.3 ROM which you have downloaded in to your SD card and then you need to insert the same file into your HTC Droid Eris.
- Now, after copying the file in your device, you will need to reboot the HTC Droid Eris in the Recovery mode and then you need to select the Wipe Data and Cache option from the list of options.
- If you don’t want to go the above way then you can also download the ROM Manager from the Android Market place and you can install the ROM using the same. Just start ROM Manager and select Install ROM from your SD Card.
- Now, apply and install the Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM and just simply restart your device.
This is it, now you can successfully see that your device is now running on the version of the latest Gingerbread 2.3 version. Do leave a comment over here if you come across any problem and also make sure that you follow the steps carefully before proceeding to follow any step as it’s very important to follow the steps carefully.