Having an HTC Incredible 2 smart phone? Then we will see in the due course of the article on how you can update with the latest version of Cyanogen mod 7.1 version easily. This update comes as a great respite considering the fact that many of the forums including us haven’t covered much on this smart phone which is dubbed as the HTC Incredible 2. But not to worry, as from now will take a note of this and will ensure that we will be constantly covering on this phone. The only thing which we want from you is the feedback on what are all the things you want for your phone. Be it the wallpapers or say the custom ROMs or things like official firmwares or any other thing, you can just let us know in the comments section.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if any damage is done to your device caused by updating the firmware which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions as mentioned in the article including the pre requisites and the procedure to update the phone.
Please note that in the process of updating the Cyanogen Mod 7.1 Firmware you will be required to root the phone. Since rooting voids the warranty, keep a note of this one. You can also reclaim the warranty by restoring the current Stock ROM which we will tell you in the due course of this article. Also, just in case if your phone is already rooted then there is no need to root the phone again. The best part of this firmware is that anyone with their HTC Incredible 2 smart phone can apply this update on your phone, the only condition being is that you need to ensure that your phone is not the network locked device.
You will be delighted to hear that this Cyanogen MOD 7.1 brings in the latest Gingerbread 2.3.7 version for this phone. Over a period of this article we will see various list of instructions which if followed thoroughly you will not face any issues.
Caution: Its recommended to follow each and every single step carefully which is mentioned in the due course of the article so that you don’t miss out on the things which can even brick your phone. Also, just in case if you got stuck in any part of the article then you will have to start the whole process from the start or else you can also let us know in the comments section if there are any issues.
- Firmware based on the Gingerbread 2.3.7,
- Stock version of Cyanogen mod 18.104.22.168 kernel,
- Supports all the AOSP kernels and also Tiamat-Saga,
- Comes with an all new Interface which is different from Stock,
- Better Battery optimization for higher battery life,
- Increased Quadrant Ranks when checked with Antutu benchmarking tool
- Supports the latest Android Market place 3.1.6,
- Comes with the better app management tools and facilities as it supports many folder lock applications which was not there earlier
So, let’s first start with the list of pre requisites which you need to follow before you proceed.
- First and the foremost thing which you need to ensure is that the battery charge in your phone should be the minimum of 60% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the process of the firmware update.
- After this you need to ensure that in your computer all the tools like Antivirus, Firewalls and the PC Suite software tools should be completely turned Off as these softwares tend to hamper the installation procedures.
- Last but not the least, in the process of this Cyanogen MOD update you will be losing all the data which is there in the phone as this is the Wipe version of the firmware. So ensure that you have taken the backup of all the data which are mentioned in the below instruction.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Now, let’s proceed to the next page where we will see on how you can Gain the S Off and also can install the Custom Recovery Image.