HTC Droid Incredible – Steps to Install Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS
When there is good news about the arrival of Gingerbread 2.3 on almost every smart device so why the users of HTC droid incredible have to be behind as Gingerbread has also arrived for the users of HTC droid incredible. Some of the major changes from the previous release of Gingerbread includes working camera, facebook sync, music application now comes pre -installed, lock unlock screen sounds are now there, browser, working microphone and also most importantly multi touch capability now comes with a standard feature included in the update. If we go by the words of team who has ported the latest 2.3 version this is the most stable release till now as most of the issues have been sorted out.
Till now, the camcorder and GPS features are still not properly working but we can only expect that the future releases will be equipped with a better set of updates to solve further more bugs if any. You can even find the Gingerbread update for HTC Droid Incredible in ROM Manager Software tool and also can get the file after which you can flash it manually. So, let’s proceed for the installation procedure after which you can have Gingerbread on your HTC droid incredible. Please ensure to take back up of all your data as after installing the new firmware you may lose all your data. Also most importantly please follow the instructions as mentioned below as if not followed properly then it may even turn your device into an unusable phone.
Procedure to install Gingerbread on HTC Droid Incredible:
- Firstly, you will have to make sure that your phone is rooted and need to first download and install the ROM manager from the Android Market place.
- Once you are done with the downloading and installation of the ROM manager, you need to launch the ROM Manager, now just simply tap on Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery and wait for the recovery image to install on your device, it might take bit time. If you already have ROM Manager Premium installed in your device then Download ROM to directly on your phone and then simply flash it.
- Now download Gingerbread ROM for HTC Droid Incredible and save the downloaded file on your desktop.
- After this you need to connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable and need to Mount SD card and then you can copy the downloaded ROM zip file to the root of your SD card.
- In the ROM Manager, now head to Flash ROM from SD card and simply follow the onscreen instructions.
- Just wait for your phone to automatically reboot which will probably take few seconds which will now go into recovery mode first and install Gingerbread on your phone.
- Also, alternatively you can also flash / install this Gingerbread ROM on your Droid Incredible through conventional manual recovery method.
So, all in all you can install Gingerbread on your device by two different methods as mentioned above. Do let us know about your experience with Gingerbread on your HTC Droid incredible.