Who said HTC EVO 4G LTE users can’t apply the update of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware? So, over a period of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily apply the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware in your device. Though there is no ETA on by when there will be an Officially stable version of Jellybean 4.1 will be rolling out to all the devices, till then you can easily apply this update. Please note that this is not the Official firmware but is a custom ROM firmware which is trusted by over half a million HTC EVO 4G LTE users and all thanks to the recognized XDA developer O.M.J for coming out with this custom ROM firmware. This custom ROM firmware is dubbed as OMJ’s ELTE ROM 4.1.1 v3.1 JELLY BEAN firmware.
Express Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your HTC EVO 4G LTE smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
- As this is the custom ROM firmware, you will have to make sure that the device is rooted. To check on whether the device is rooted or not, you need to check the same from the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your device is not rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps you can root the device.
So, let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update in your HTC EVO 4G LTE.
Procedure to Update HTC EVO 4G LTE with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place this zip file in your device’s internal memory.
- Disconnect the device and download the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store so that your phone can be entered in the Recovery mode directly. Also, alternatively you can enter your phone in the recovery mode by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If the phone boots in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the boot loader mode.
- Select “recovery” option to enter into the recovery mode. In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition for clearing all the cache data.
- Now, select “install zip from sd card”, then select “choose zip from sd card” to select the placed Jellybean 4.1.1 Zip File which you have placed in your phone. It will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update. Once the update is applied successfully, select “go back” and then “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. It might take more time than usual time for rebooting the device and to show up the home screen.
Note: If the device gets stuck in the HTC logo or gets into the boot loop mode then you need to long press the power button and turn off the device. Repeat the process from the start by following the instructions.
For more on HTC EVO 4G LTE Coverage, stay tuned to http://androidadvices.com/info/htc/evo-4g-lte/
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your HTC EVO 4G LTE device with the latest version of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues while you perform the update in the comments section below as we will try our level best to sort out the same.