It was the last time when we saw on how you can root your htc flyer and today we will check out on how you can make use of the same by installing the custom ROM based on the Honeycomb 3.2 firmware version. This update ropes in many significant changes as well as new enhancements which will truly empower the device in a whole new manner. Please note that this is not an official firmware which is released by htc and also there is no ETA as of now on by when this update will be rolled out officially. De Sensed-View is the name of this custom rom.
Disclaimer: Please note that this process of firmware update is not recommended for the basic users and is only recommended for the advanced users. Also, we should not be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in any manner after applying this update. This firmware can be applied only on htc flyer device.
- Based off the HTC View HC OTA
- De odexed
- busy box
- zip aligned
- init.d support
- Stock HC Launcher
- Stock HC Notification bar/navigation
- Stock HC wifi signal meters
- Stock HC Keyboard
- Stock HC Boot animation
- Stock HC Browser
- Stock HC MMS
- Stock HC Email App
- Stock HC Camera
- A lot of the sense/htc apps and launcher removed
- sprint bloat removed
So before proceeding to the procedure with which you can update the device, you first need to go through the list of pre requisites which you need to follow and then we will check out the procedure in the next page.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Before proceeding you need to ensure that you have rooted HTC Flyer device as without rooting you will not be able to install this firmware in your phone.
- Up next you need to back up all the data present in your device so as to ensure that just in as if any data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily.
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Notes – Manually you need to note down or need to transfer to Evernote.
- Now, ensure that the device is left with the minimum of 60% battery charge so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Uninstall all the security suites installed in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
Special Instructions to users on Custom ROM:
If you are any of the custom ROMs then you need to enter into the recovery mode first and need to select “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition” and after this you need to also select “reboot system” so as to restart the phone. Additionally, you also need to
So, now let’s proceed to the next page where we will see on how you can apply this update in your phone.
Pages: 1 2