Having an HTC Hero G2 Touch phone then we have a Gingerbread 2.3.5 update for your phone. So, in the due course of this article we will see on how you can update your phone with the Gingerbread 2.3.5 custom ROM. For all those who want to get more from your phone then only a custom ROM can help you to get this on your phone. The best part of this update is that anyone with their phones whose model number is the HTC Hero G2 can proceed with this update, the only condition is that you will have to follow the instructions carefully.
Rooting Information: In the due course of the firmware update, the phone will be rooted and warranty will get void. The only way you can revoke the root access and the warranty can be reclaimed is by applying the stock update or the default update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner if anything happens to your device as which is a very unlikely case if you follow each and every instruction which is mentioned below in this article. This update should only be applied to the device which is HTC Hero G2 Touch Phone.
So, in this page we will see on what are the list of pre requisite instructions to be followed by the procedure with which you can apply the update on your phone. Also, in this page we will see on what are the features which come along with this custom ROM.
Features of Gingerbread 2.3.5:
- Based on the newer version of HTC Explorer Nordic ROM,
- Based on the Gingerbread 2.3.5 version of Firmware,
- Comes with the Sense 3.5 version,
- Comes installed with Busybox 1.18.4 version,
- The languages which are supported are English, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish (Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, German, German, Greek, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Latvian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Thai, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese)
- HTC File Manager is pre installed in this,
- 157 MB of free space on the data partition
- There are some list of pre requisites which you need to follow so as to ensure that the update procedure is smoothly done. The first and the foremost thing you will have to do is to backup the contents which are mentioned below so that the same can be restored back to your phone easily.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- After this you will have to ensure that you have charged your phone to the minimum of 75% so as to just ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned off.
Pages: 1 2