HTC has introduced another smart phone in its One series, named as HTC One (E8) is a budget variant of the company’s flagship model HTC One (M8) that was unveiled early this year in the month of March. Since this device is a budget variant, it has a polycarbonate body instead of the brushed aluminum finish. Moreover the dual camera on the back of the device has been pulled out and a 13 MP camera has been included to it. This move might be because of the less sales of the HTC One M8 device due to its high price.
The HTC One (E8) has a 5 inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixel resolution, similar to its predecessor One M8. The display of this device is protected by the Corning Gorilla glass protection and will run the Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. All the specifications of this device are similar to the HTC One M8. Below is the list of all the specifications.
Specifications of HTC One (E8)
- 5.0 inch Full HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1920 x 1080 pixels resolutions
- Quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense 6.0 on top
- 2 GB RAM
- 13 MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p HD recording
- 5 MP front facing camera
- 3.5 mm headset jack, FM radio with RDS, HTC BoomSound
- Dual front facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- 16 GB internal memory, expandable up to 128 GB via microSD
- Connectivity: 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX codec, NFC and GPS with GLONASS
- 2600 mAh battery
The HTC One (E8) has the motion Launch feature that will let its user control the shortcuts easily without turning on the phone. You can answer any incoming call by just raising the E8 near to your ear or activate the camera by tapping the volume rocker. The will also come in dual SIM variant but it will be available in selected regions only.
The HTC One (E8) will be available in Electric Crimson, Polar White, Misty Gray and Maldives Blue colors variant and is expected to hit the market by end of this month.