Update HTC One S with Jellybean 4.2.1 BlackBean 7 Firmware – Guide
BlackBean 7 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM for HTC One S smartphone is here and we will be checking out in the due course of this article. This firmware brings in a huge respite for all those who were wanting to update their device with the latest firmware of jellybean 4.2.1. Unfortunately, there are still no clarity on by when there will be an official firmware update of Jellybean 4.2 but as in when we get any updates from HTC, we will keep you posted about the same. This firmware update comes along with lot of customization options which are shown in the screen capture below.
Let’s get started with the quick pre requisites and then followed by which we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s highly recommended to create a backup of all the data in your device so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Since this is a custom ROM firmware, you will have to make sure that your device is rooted. To check on whether your device is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the PLAY Store.
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging by selecting the appropriate option in your HTC One S. After this, disable all the antivirus suites installed in your phone as these tools generally interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Make sure that minimum battery level is more than 50% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
So assuming hat you are done with the below mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update HTC One S smartphone with Jellybean 4.2.1 Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download BlackBean 7 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your phone.
- Disconnect the device from computer and turn off the same so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- To enter HTC One S in the Recovery mode, press and hold the Volume Down button and press the Power button for turning the device in the boot loader mode and then select to enter the device in the recovery mode.
Note: If the device enters in the normal mode, then you will have to again try by following the above steps. You can also enter your HTC One S directly in the recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store.
- Now, in recovery mode select “install zip from sd card” and select the BlackBean 7 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Package which you have placed in your device. Once selected, press the power button to confirm the same.
- As soon as the firmware is updated, the device will mention that the “install from sd card completed”. Now, all you need to select is the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: Just in a rare case if your HTC One S device doesn’t boot up or say if it refuses to how up the home screen, then Long press the power button to turn it Off and follow all the above instructions again from the start.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your phone with the latest BlackBean 7 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of applying this firmware update.