For all those who are on the HTC One X Plus smartphone, here’s a great delight as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily apply the firmware update with the help of simple steps which we have summed up in the due course of this article. As of now there is no update on by when there will be an all new version of Jellybean 4.2 officially. All Thanks to the Cyanogen mod developers as well as they are working hard to come up with the best and stable builds of Jellybean 4.2 firmware.
Full credits to XDA Recognized Contributor and Developer Lloir for coming out with this firmware and this firmware ropes in the latest Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Jellybean 4.2 firmware. This firmware comes with host of benefits along with the Jellybean apps. There have been many firmwares which claim to be stable but they actually aren’t.
So, let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed instructions on what are the detailed quick pre requisites.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be turned off in the middle of firmware update. With the help of below mentioned steps, you will have to create the backup. Please don’t create a backup of data with the help of ROM Manager as it may even brick your device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Battery level should not be below 30% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
- Also, all antivirus tools in your computer should be turned Off as these tools may interrupt the process of firmware update. Make sure that full USB Read / Write rights are there in your computer so as to make sure that just in case if the device
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Procedure to Update HTC One X+ with Jellybean 4.2 Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.2 Firmware Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to place the same in your device.
- Disconnect the device from computer and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the recovery mode from the boot loader mode.
- The Boot loader mode in HTC One X+ can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If the phone boots in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the boot loader mode.
- Now, in the boot loader mode, you need to select “recovery” so as to enter into the recovery mode. In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition for clearing all the cache data.
- Select install zip from sd card, then select choose zip from sd card. Scroll down to select “Jellybean 4.2 Firmware Package” and “Google Apps Package” which you have placed in your device. Once the firmware is updated successfully, you will now need to select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.