HTC One XL smartphone can now be easily updated with the latest and Official Jellybean 4.1 Firmware. This firmware update is one of the most stable releases as it ropes in the latest Sense UI in HTC One XL which further refines the Android experience. This firmware also fixes all the issues related to the Camera and Sleep bug. So, before we proceed to the detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update, you will have to make sure that you follow all the below mentioned pre requisites so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- With the help of below mentioned steps, you will have to create a backup of all the data in your device so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps, Please note that you should not create the data backup with the help of ROM Manager as it may even brick the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or else the device may get powered off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- The S-Off should be gained in your HTC One X and also it’s important that you have rooted HTC One X as this firmware can only be applied on the rooted devices. Don’t apply this firmware update on the network locked devices as it may completely brick the device.
Let’s head to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update in your phone.
Procedure to update HTC One XL with official Jellybean 4.1 Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.1 Firmware Update Package in your computer. Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your phone. Once you have placed the zip file, disconnect the device from the computer.
- The Boot loader mode in HTC One XL can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If the phone boots in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the boot loader mode.
- Now, in the boot loader mode, you need to select “recovery” so as to enter into the recovery mode. In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition so that all the cache data is wiped off successfully.
- Now, in recovery mode you will have to select “install zip from SD Card” and then choose the Jellybean 4.1 Zip package which you have placed in your phone. Once the file is selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. Once the update is applied successfully, select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So, there you go, you have now successfully applied the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1 firmware in your HTC One XL smartphone. Do share with us if there is anything you want assistance in the comments section below.