So we are ready to see many smartphone this month coming out with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update officially and today it’s the turn of T-Mobiles HTC Sensation 4G consumers as the long waited Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is now available on your phone.
T-Mobile via their official home page have made announcement of this update and said that this update will be delivered to the users from May 16.
Features and Improvements
T-Mobile and HTC has also provided a change log with this update and the following are the improvements and features included in the newly released firmware upgrade to Android 4.0.3 –
- HTC Sense version is 3.6
- There are system bar enhancements to view recent apps
- Re sizable widgets
- Adjust volume while device is locked
- Face unlock
- Improved battery life
- Improved text input and spelling check
We recommend users to charge your phone to up to minimum of 50 % battery life and then proceed with this update as you shouldn’t run out of the battery while you are in the middle of the firmware upgrade. Moreover we recommend users to go through this update while you are connected to a Wi Fi network.
Note: Sensation 4G users need to have Wi Fi mobile hotspot feature so that they can make use of the service once while the updates are done. Contact customer care for this.
How to Update
These updates are been pushed to the users via Over the Air and there might be cases in which you have received notification from either HTC or T Mobile about this update.
- Connect your phone to available Wi Fi network
- Now from the Home screen of your HTC Sensation 4G smartphone tap on Menu key and then head to settings
- Now select About Phone
- Now select HTC software updates
- Now tap on check and then follow the on screen instructions
- Your phone would be restarted automatically once the file package are downloaded from the servers and once after restart it
- apply the updates.
- It will take another 10 minutes to finish up the update and then tap on OK when prompted
- Your phone would be restarted and it will take a little while to boot up your Sensation 4G smartphone as it boots first time with a new version of Android on your phone.
- Once the updates are done, you can go through Menu > Settings > About Phone and check for the Android version, it should be Android 4.0.3.
With that you have updated your phone successfully with the official release of the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. Do let us know you have updated your Sensation 4G or not!