Team Venom Viper team has come up with a new version of custom ROM firmware for HTC One X which apparently is also one of the highest used and recommended by various users in XDA Forums. So, in lines with the motive that you should make the most out of your Android device, you can now easily make use of this custom ROM firmware as we will be guiding you through the rest of the process. Please note that this is not the Official custom ROM firmware released by HTC but is a custom ROM firmware which is based on the Sense 4.1 firmware.
So before we proceed, we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow and then we will be checking out a detailed procedure on how to apply this firmware update. Since this is a custom ROM firmware, you will have to make sure that your phone is rooted. To check on whether your device is rooted or not you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check the same.
Just in case if your device is not rooted, you need to Root HTC One X by following the corresponding instructions and then download the “ROM Manager” app from the Google PLAY Store. Though there is no exact date on by when there will be an official firmware update of Jellybean 4.2 for One X.
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below steps. Make sure that you are not creating the backup with the help of ROM Manager as it has bricked some user’s devices.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Disclaimer: If you are not following the instructions mentioned in this article, then we should not be held responsible in any manner. It is very unlikely that
- Download the ROM Manager app from the Latest Google PLAY Store and install the same. Make sure that the minimum battery charge left is at least 30% or else device might just get turned off in the middle of firmware update. From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
Features and Screen Captures of Venom ROM for HTC One X:
- Based on 2.17.401.2 release build,
- Multi-language option,
- Aroma Installer v2.51 comes pre-loaded,
- SDK r20.0.1 is zip aligned and de odexed,
- Supercharged services.jar and init.d are supported,
- Memory optimizations are loaded,
- Ramdisk Tweaks and ext4 support is being granted
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update HTC One X with the latest Venom ROM Firmware:
- Download the Venom ROM Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then place the zip file in your device. Make sure that you are not placing the file deep into the device into the sub folders as this may not get detected in the device.
- Now, assuming that you have downloaded the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store, you will need to open the same and Flash the Clock Work Mod Recovery and then select the option of “insert into recovery mode” for booting the device in the recovery mode.
- Now, in recovery mode select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode. In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” to install the firmware update and select the zip file which you have placed in your HTC One X smartphone.
- Please note that it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update and then once its update, select “go back” and then choose the option of “reboot” for rebooting device in the normal mode.
Note: It may take more than 3 -4 minutes for booting the device as sometimes it takes time in Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.