HTC Thunderbolt 4G users can now smile as you have a fresh new update which is Officially released from the HTC. The all new update is dubbed as the version of 2.11.605.5 which fixes most of the issues which you currently are facing. The best part of this update is that anyone with their HTC Thunderbolt can apply this update easily. This update comes as a great respite for all those who were waiting since very long for the Gingerbread update as the phone was bundled along with the Verizon’s network. In the last few days we have see n the various leaked builds available for the phone but thanks to the this leak as this one comes straight from the house of htc. This update leak is far more stable than compared to all other previous leaks which had come out. This build of 2.11.605.5 is quite better when compared to the just last version of update which was dubbed as the 605.3 build. So, we can now soon expect the official release of this update as this is much more streamlined and fine tuned to give the bext performance and also solves most of the bugs. So, in the due course of this article we will not just see on what are the list of pre requisites one has to follow before the update but also the procedure on how you can update the phone with this update.
Rooting Information: In the process of this firmware update, the phone in any manner won’t be rooting the device as this is the Official leaked version from the house of htc and also updating this won’t require you to root he device. Please note that just in case if you have already rooted the device then the root access may get revoked as this update is from htc and to root your device again you will have to follow the procedure to root the phone.
Please note that we should not be held liable or responsible in any manner if anything wrong happens to your device which is the most unlikely if you follow the instructions as prescribed in the due course of this article. It’s very important to follow the instructions or else the phone may even get bricked.
Enhancements in Gingerbread 2.3 update for HTC THUNDERBOLT:
- Home screen lag has been fixed and now the lag is almost close to nil,
- Voicemail notification has been fixed,
- Issues related to the Front facing camera as well as issues regarding the GTalk have been fixed,
- MMS as well as the SMS have been fixed wherein users faced issues with the timestamp of the message received,
- HTC Logger application has now been removed from the Application list,
- Internet browser has been modified for faster surfing speed,
- Wi Fi bug of frequent disconnection has been fixed,
- Free space have been improved marginally,
- GPS Connectivity in indoors is not an issue anymore
So, now let’s proceed to the list of pre requisite instructions along with the procedure to update the phone with the Gingerbread in the next page.