For all those who are having the htc my touch Slide 4G Android smartphone can now rejoice as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can taste your phone with the latest version of ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware. It was the last time when we saw on how to apply the ICS Android 4.0 firmware but now we will be checking out on how to update your phone with the latest Android 4.0.3 firmware with simple to follow steps. Please note that this is not an Official version of firmware released by htc and also as per the company there are no chances of releasing ICS for htc my touch 4G Slide.
We will also see on how exactly ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware will look like in the form of screenshots in the due course of this article. Be informed that for applying this firmware, you need to root your phone as only after which you can apply this firmware.
- Boots without any issue
- Live Wallpapers
- Phone works 2G/3G
- SD Card
- Advanced Power Menu
- 3D Games
- 3D Acceleration
- Video Playback
- Facebook contact sync
- USB Mount
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held liable or responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if anything wrong happens to your device which is the most unlikely if you follow the instructions as prescribed in the due course of this article.
- Backup data present in your phone with the help of below mentioned steps so as to ensure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
- Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- After this, enable the USB Debugging Mode in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Ensure that the USB Debugging option is ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Minimum charge left in the phone should be at least 60% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- If you have already updated the my touch 4G device with any of the custom ROM then you need to enter into the recovery mode first and need to select “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition” and after this you need to also select “reboot system” so as to restart the phone. Additionally, you also need to clear the Dalvik cache from the recovery mode from the “advanced” option.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions, you can now proceed to the next step where we will be checking out on how to apply this update in your phone with few simple steps.
Pages: 1 2