This month is certainly ending on a high note, first with Google Nexus 7 tablet been launched along side with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. And Samsung Galaxy S III takes the title of top end smart phone. Apart from that several of the existing smart phone from various manufacturers received the much awaited Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade. First Samsung, Sony almost completed the update to their various devices, HTC and Motorola soon followed the upgrade procedure to existing smart phone which qualified for the upgrade.
Huawei now finally has announced the big update to Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 Pro smart phone featuring the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich pack. The Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 Pro was launched in 2011 and it’s along the few phones from Huawei which qualified for the ICS upgrade seeing its hardware. The Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 Pro is powered with 1 Ghz Qualcomm MSM 8255 processor.
These updates are available via the PC Companion and the file size is around 355.85MB and can be downloaded from the official Huawei Site.
Improvements & Enhancements
Interestingly Huawei has provided the list from the Improvements and enhancements included in the update included -
- Introduces Smart dialing feature
- Smart search for contacts
- Calendar Adds Exchange synchronization
- Power on Optimize the boot speed
- 5.GPS has been optimized for faster response speed
- Wi Fi Support the WPS feature & Enhance the WIFI wireless performance
- Huawei devices now supports DLNA Share
- File manager Support file browse, more convenient for find files
- GUI Improve the charge design when power off
- Camera Support CAMERA UI style, continuous auto focus, touch focus, HDR feature, panorama feature
- Alarm “Optimize the Power-off Alarm”
- Multimedia now support animated GIF
- Introduces powerful voice input engine via the microphone, dictate the text that you want
- Users have control over the network data
- Designed for accessibility for the blind and visually impaired users as well
- Unified calendar and visual voice mail
- Zero shutter lag camera exposure
- Capture photos while videos is been played
- Redesigned gallery app
- Powerful web browsing and text rendering
- Improved email capabilities of the device
With so many features why wouldn’t one go with updating their device. I am sure you must be interested. Interestingly this year Huawei announced a lot of devices during the Consumer Electronics Show and Mobile World Congress in Q1 this year but none of those devices has finally been launched as the launch got delayed. This means that Huawei is quick in announcing devices but their launch is getting much delayed than expected.