Increase HTC EVO Download Speed for Faster Music on 3G
Of late are you wondered that the download speeds over the 3G network has become very slow especially in music downloading? Then we will guide you on how you can increase the speed so that you can enjoy faster downloading of music on your 3G network. It’s found that when the Internet Speeds were tested by using the SPEED TEST tools it was pretty normal and fast as usual. So, let’s see on how you can further increase the Internet data speed by up to 0.2-0.6mbps which is quite a lot. If you are used to the NAM programming for your CDMA phone then probably you will understand on how it works.
Please note that for this procedure you should be on the Sense ROM as you will be requiring the EPST and Master Subsidy Lock which is in short MSL. This number can be obtained in a number of ways, including calling your operator. But you can easily download the MSL Reader from the market for free. Please note that the changes will be gone upon flashing to a new ROM. Also, the download speeds for the music applications like Rhapsody and other software tools will increase substantially. So, let’s see on how you can do so in the further process. Please note that this works only for HTC EVO Android device and doesn’t work in any other device.
Procedures to increase HTC EVO download Speed for faster Music on 3G Network:
- Now, first you will need to get your MSL, there are many ways of getting this MSL, you can call Sprint, download the application named MSL Reader from the Android Market place or from the CDMA workshop.
- As soon as you get MSL, go to your phone and just simply key in as ##3282#
- Now, Click on the Edit Mode and then click on the advanced.
- Just Scroll down to HTTP PD Proxy Port & HTTP PD Proxy Address and change HTTP PD Proxy Port to 0
- Now, after changing the HTTP PD Proxy Port to 0, you will now have to change HTTP PD Proxy Address also to 0.0.0.0
- This is it. You can now enjoy speedy downloads and you can find that there will be a .20-.60 mbps increase in 3G speeds.
Do let us know if you have any problems in configuring the same and also do share your experience on whether you have tried it and if tried have speeds increased or not!