How to Increase Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G Battery Life
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G model is simply an elite class Tab which has all the necessary features related to data connectivity. The large display of 10.1 inches offers a resolution of 800 x 1280 pixels, the large display resolution simply makes the display feel very astonishing and thanks to 16 million colours which simply enhances the visual experience. Loads of features related to data connectivity like Wi – Fi b/g/n support, Bluetooth 3.0, TV out, etc make Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G a very handy option for those who live under the internet cloud and are media enthusiasts. Well battery management will be much more efficient and easier on this tablet as there is no voice communication capability under GSM network but then features like TV out and GPS must be used wisely. The large capacity 7000 mAh battery simply makes the tablet work for more time but if we are able to manage the features then the hands on time can be increased. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 runs on a dual core 1 GHz ARM Cortex – A9 with ULP Geforce GPU on a Tegra 2 T20 chipset. Following points will help you increase the battery life by considerable amount.
- Wi – Fi connectivity must be turned OFF when not in use. Wi – Fi uses a considerable amount of power which can be avoided if Wi – Fi is used only when the connectivity is present around the area. Similarly, Wi – Fi Hotspot must be used only when there are no other options left.
- Bluetooth 3.0 capabilities must not be kept ON during idle operations. Turn ON Bluetooth only when transferring data or while streaming media. Streaming over Bluetooth uses a lot of power thus it must not be practiced much often.
- GPS functionality must only be utilized when you are under clear sky. The clear Line of Sight requirement of GPS functions allows us to efficiently find the GPS satellites, thus GPS must not be turned ON indoors.
- Keep controls over background running applications using manage applications found under application settings. This will allow you to control running applications and thus save resources.
- Sync settings must not be used. Never use Sync extensively, use it only once a week if you need to sync your contacts but if you have really important e – mails to watch out for then only configure Sync for that particular e – mail account. Some device Sync services need not be kept active for all the time; they can be used once a month.
- As Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G display is large we need to keep control over some display features. Never keep the display brightness to its peak value; it can be set to LOW or MEDIUM values for longer working hours. Display time out time must be kept as low as possible. Display auto rotations and animations must not be used extensively as these utilize a lot of resources and thus battery life is affected.
- Playing media with large volume and using loudspeaker can further reduce battery life extensively, this must be avoided. Use media formats that are hardware decodable.