How to Increase Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Battery Life
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 is a thin tablet available in the market. It has great speed of 1 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor, ULP GeForce GPU, Tegra 2 chipset for fast multi – tasking and multimedia features. The 3.15 megapixels with LED flash digital camera is not a big deal, but it is still enough put the hands on picture capturing and recording video in 720p HD video resolution. It also has a secondary camera of 2 Mega Pixels. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Tablet is Equipped with Android 3.0 Honeycomb OS. Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Tablet features a brilliant 8.9 inches screen with resolution of 800 x 1280 pixels PLS TFT LCD display.
It plays almost all types of audio and video formats. The supported audio formats are MP3 / WAV / eAAC+ / OGG and the video formats are MP4 / DivX / Xvid / H.264 / H.263. The screen size of this tablet is few inches less than recently launched big screen tablets; you can still enjoy watching a video on this 8.9 inches PLS TFT LCD Display tablet. This Tab does not feature GSM and 3G capabilities. Support for Adobe Flash 10.2, which allows you to play YouTube videos directly from the default Android browser. It has 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, so you can also use your personal headphones for great sound quality. It offers Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP and also comes with Wi – Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n. The absence of GSM and 3G network does not mean that this will help in saving the battery life because the main battery draining components are still present.
Check out the following tips in order to save battery life of your Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Tablet Smartphone.
- Wi – Fi is used to make an internet connection. After using Wi – Fi b/g/n features do not forget to turn OFF the ability. Because when Wi-Fi is kept turned ON it drains the battery at much faster rates.
- Though the screen size is few inches less but the major battery drain problem is still there, the brightness level of the tablet. Maximum the brightness level, faster will be the battery drain rate. So to avoid this major battery drain problem, keep the brightness level as low as you can view the content in the tablet easily.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Tablet has GPS support feature. If the GPS is turned ON, it continuously searches for the location. Because of this it drains small amount of battery power. By turning it OFF you can save that small amount of battery power. Only turn ON the GPS when you are outdoors. Network provided location is not accurate but can be used instead of GPS.
- In Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Tablet most of applications have their check for updates setting ON and they run in the background, which result to drain the battery fast as more resources are used. So just disable these types of settings in the applications which check for updates frequently.
- Whether or not you have limited applications that automatically check the internet, your tablet is still active and checking almost all of the time. This is a part of the reason why you may see major battery drain even though the tablet was idle for a while.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Tablet comes with LED Flash light with autofocus technology. Only use the LED Flash when it is necessary. Try to avoid LED Flash when there is just adequate light present in the surrounding.
- Use the manage applications setting in the application settings in order to keep control on background applications.
- Disable all the animations which run on the home screen of the tablet.
- Use the Sync function only when it is highly necessary, otherwise always put the sync function in OFF position. It is recommended to use Sync only once a week if you want to Sync your contacts. There are many applications that demand Sync function but they are actually not required, so make sure you keep Sync settings ON only on required accounts or applications.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Tablet has Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP. Turn ON Bluetooth only when you want to transfer data or stream media, otherwise put the Bluetooth in OFF status. Always ON status of Bluetooth results in wastage of battery.
- Try to avoid Auto rotation of screen because it also consumes considerable amount of power.
- Turn OFF Audible touch tones. Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Tablet is a multimedia tablet, keeping audible tones continuous ON result to drain the battery faster. So turn OFF this feature. Try to use the sound level as moderate or low for video and audio playback, so that you can get long playback times. Maximum sound level uses the more power of battery.