Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 is one of the tablets which revolutionalised the Tablet generation in the recent years and Samsung is still introducing new products under Galaxy Tab Tablets with exciting features. The P1000 is full of quality features and is powered with a large capacity Li – Po 4000 mAh. Well, a brilliant display with resolution of 600 x 1024 is simply beautiful and makes the screen just perfect for watching HD and Full – HD videos, Thanks to 1 GHz processor which eases HD video playback. Large 16 GB internal memory and 512 MB RAM eases our job on handling applications. Though the phone comes with Android 2.2 OS it can be upgraded to Android 2.3. As the display size is much more than conventional Android smart phones it requires more power to light it up. It is not only screen that eats up the battery but also other features like video playback, Wi – Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0 support, SyncML support and other usage of phone like video or audio playback volume, playback time, notification configuration and many more. Simply check out the points below to optimize the usage on your Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000.
- Wi – Fi must be turned OFF when not in use. Wi – Fi b/g/n support use a prominent amount of battery.
- Bluetooth 3.0 offers high speed data transfers and thus allows us to stream media over Bluetooth, thus usage of Bluetooth technology extensively may result in reduced battery life. Turn OFF Bluetooth when not in use.
- Whenever we are not on data subscription it is better to turn OFF the data connectivity by turning OFF Data Traffic. Even when on data subscription make sure you turn ON data traffic only when it is required. Normally most of the data traffic is used for SyncML functions and thus turning OFF data traffic will stop complete all the data flow between your phone and internet.
- Display brightness must be set to LOW as it will provide optimal visibility and also the brightness will be adjusted automatically according to the amount of light present around the phone. Display time – out time must be set to 15 seconds as this value is actually very sufficient for workaround and can be efficiently used.
- Notifications must be set not to vibrate and the notification sounds must be set to LOW values. Incoming ringtone must be set to LOW values without vibrating alert. The media playback volume must not be set to very HIGH values as this may damage the eardrum and it also uses a lot of resources if software decoding is used.
- Try playing hardware decodable media formats.
- Usage of applications which help in stopping background running applications will help in freeing up of resources like RAM.
- Auto rotation of screen must be turned OFF in order to save battery.
Follow the above steps and you will definitely observe change in battery lasting time.