How to Increase Sony Ericsson W8 Battery Life
Sony Ericsson W8 is a recently launched Android walkman series phone from mobile company Sony Ericsson. Sony Ericsson W8 is powered by android operating system 2.1 Eclair. It has dimensions of 99 x 54 x 15 mm with a weight of 104 g and the screen size of display is 3.0 inches. TFT capacitive touch screen with a resolution of 320 x 480 pixels display provide it a classy look and shape. Sony Ericsson W8 comes with a 600 MHz ARM 11 processor, Adreno 200 GPU, Qualcomm MSM7227 chipset. The interface is very smooth and easy, unlike other walkman series phone from Sony Ericsson thanks to Android software. Sony Ericsson W8 comes with a 3.15 MP camera with an image capture resolution of 2048×1536 pixels. The image quality is close to excellent. It comes with a stereo FM radio with RDS. It plays all basic types of audio and video formats. The supported audio formats are MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV and the video formats are MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV. It has 3.5 mm stereo jack for audio listening, also can be used with personal headphones for great sound quality. The phone has all the basic connectivity options you would expect in any new Android Smart phone. It has EDGE, GPRS, 3G, HSDPA and HSUPA. It also offers Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP and also comes with Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n. Micro USB 2.0 connectivity is simply very flexible.
To work or play on Sony Ericsson W8 Android Smart phone for long working hours you need to work on proper management of battery life.
Here are few tips mentioned below for proper management of battery life.
- Sony Ericsson W8 Android Smartphone has Wi–Fi support. When you turn ON the Wi–Fi settings for internet surfing then don’t forget to turn OFF when not in use. Because when Wi–Fi is ON it drains the battery, so try to avoid the frequent use of Wi–Fi settings. You can also use a function called Time–out, it is available in advanced Wi–Fi management screen in Android, you can access it by navigating Wi–Fi Settings tab and then pressing the Menu button. From here, you’re able to manually select a timeout option for the Wi–Fi connection. After the given time the phone will automatically release the internet connection. By doing this you can save some amount of battery power. This feature is known as Wi–Fi sleep policy.
- Keeping brightness level at higher position drains the battery faster. So to reduce this battery drain problem, keep the brightness level at low position.
- Sony Ericsson W8 Android Smart phone has GPS support. When you turn ON the GPS, it starts searching for the location continuously. Because of this it drains small amount of battery power. By disabling the GPS you can save that small amount of battery power. Only turn ON the GPS when you require. It is recommended to use GPS only when you are at outdoors.
- In Android phones most of the applications have their ‘check for updates’ setting as ON by default and they run in the background, which further drains the battery fast. So to avoid battery power wastage simply disable these type of settings, which frequently check for updates.
- Whether or not you have limited applications that automatically check the internet, your Sony Ericsson W8 Android Smart phone is still active and checking almost all of the time. This is a part of the reason why you may see major battery drain even though the phone was idle for a while.
- Use the advanced task killer applications to kill the process which are running in the background. These background applications run silently in the background and give the contribution in wastage of battery power. You can make use of manage applications setting under application settings section to force stop the running applications.
- Bluetooth 2.1 support will help you to transfer your data and stream media. So when you turn ON Bluetooth setting for transferring of data then quickly turn OFF the Bluetooth setting after its usage. Because continuous ON position drains the battery in considerably large amount.
- Set the sound level LOW for incoming ‘call ringtone’ and ‘message’ alert activity. Maximum sound level uses the more power of battery and drains the battery quickly. Mute the other sound alert notification.
- If you are not using Google calendar, Gmail and other apps frequently then do not use SYNC function. Because SYNC function consume more amount of battery power. So always ensure that SYNC function is turned OFF when not necessary.
- If you are not using the 3G network availability in your phone then try to switch and use your network in 2G mode. Because the 3G network uses most of power of battery of phones compare to 2G network. Use 3G Network only when you are subscribed on a 3G plan.
- Try to avoid use of animated themes and live wallpaper. Because animated themes and live wallpaper uses more power of battery.
- Always check your battery usage level by installing apps related to battery consumption.