No doubt that the SONY Xperia S has one of the finest camera quality and can click images and shoot videos with better image quality compared to other Android devices till date. But all thanks to Android as things can be further improved when talked about the bitrate. So in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how one can easily increase the bit rate of video to 20MB for a 1080p video and to 15MB for 720p video. To apply this work around, you need to ensure that you are on the 63 or 67 rooted firmware.
As per the developer, the image quality is being improved from 90% to now 100% by fiddling with the constants array data and removing the 0x5A cap, image size will be bigger.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidADVICES nor the developer should be held for any damage happened to your device in the process of applying this work around for the camera. It is very unlikely that there will be an issue, just in case if at all any arises do let us know in the comments section below.
- Rooted SONY Xperia S,
- File Explorer app should be installed,
- Minimum battery level should be 50% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of applying this work around.
Procedure to Improve the Camera Quality of SONY Xperia S:
- First up, you need to Download the Xperia S Camera MOD Package from here to your computer. Once it’s done, you now need to connect your phone to the computer and place the downloaded zip file in your phone. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the computer.
- After placing the file, you now need to activate the root access via the file browser of choice and copy SemcCameraUI.apk to system/app and media_profiles.xml to system/etc.
- Now, you will have to apply the permission and change the owner for matching any other file in the same directory for both of the above mentioned files (06755 &root).
- After this, you will have to reboot the device and then go to the Settings > Applications and then to Manage apps section. Find the camera install settings under All tab and you need to tap on the “Clear data” to restore the default settings.
So there you go, you can now successfully use the camera like before with an improved performance. Do let us know your thoughts on this improvement mod. If at all there are any issues related to the force close then you can just try rebooting the device and it will be sorted out. Clearing the cache of the camera app from the Manage Applications is a must.