ING Vysya bank with a customer base of more than 2 million people has launched its mobile application recently with the name of the app being ING Vysya Mobile (sized at 7.3 MB for the 1.1 Version). Android users can download it from the Google play store and the iOS users can download it from the App store. One can also call 01246746606 to request for the download URL.
After downloading and installing the mobile application, existing ING Net Banking users can login by entering their Customer ID and Net Banking password to login. A new to the channel customer is required to get the necessary credentials by providing the necessary authentication items. Upon login you are presented with an option to select your favorite account (an ING term to mark your primary account in the application) out of the list of preloaded accounts held by the customer.
In the main menu of the mobile application, there are options listed with the things you can perform within the app. The options are as follows:
- My Accounts and Deposits : To view your Accounts, FDs and RDs. Further links are provided to view Recent Transactions, make a Fund Transfer or open a Fixed Deposit.
- Funds Transfer: Transfer money from your account to other accounts.
- Bill Payments: To register and make payments. Ex : Utility bills
- My Cheque Book: Ability to take and store a snapshot of the cheques issued by the user for future reference.
- Shopping: Make mobile and DTH recharge or to send e-Gift Vouchers to friends.
- Wealth and Loans
- Messages and More: To view the messages from the bank or to locate the nearest ATM.
The options and the features provided with the mobile application are abundant and are very simple and useful. The User Interface aptly supports the abundant options.
Issues frequently faced/reported with the application:
- Customers have reported login problems like restrictions to login for customers.
- Contrary to the way the app is being promoted, there seem to be issues with its compatibility with various devices.