Huawei launched the Mate S smartphone in 2015, and since it is a comparatively old smartphone, it comes with Android 5.0 Marshmallow out of the box. Also, while a couple of newly launched Huawei smartphones are getting the Nougat update, there is no confirmation on the availability of Nougat on the Mate S smartphone. Hence, if you wish to run Android something better than Lollipop and yo are not getting any updates, then this is your only way to get rid of the old firmware and replace it with something new.
About the firmware
This firmware is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with the company’s EMUI 4.0.2 OS on top of it. Do make a note that this is a full package and you don’t need to install anything else separately. It comes with all the standard features that you would expect from a Huawei smartphone. However, do make a note that once you flash this, then you won’t be getting any updates whatsoever and you need to unroot and install back the stock firmware to get the updates. Hence we suggest you create a backup of the same if you wish to.
As mentioned earlier, this firmware is based on Android 6.0 marshmallow and has the custom Emotion UI 4.0.2. The firmware version is B380 and will work only with Huawei Mate s. Hence we suggest you not to try installing this on any other smartphone. This is an official firmware (CRR-L09C432B380) from the company which you need to flash it manually.
- The first thing you need to make sure is to create a backup of your data. Since we will be wiping the internal memory clean, you might end up with a empty storage.
- Also make sure that your device’s battery has at least 50-percent battery in order to make sure that it doesn’t die during the setup.
- Be sure to download the file which is necessary for the installation.
- Assuming that you have download the file from the link given above, we can now move on to the installation. If you haven’t already then be sure to do it.
- Once downloaded, extract the .zip file. And then create a folder called “dload” in the root of your sd card.
- Now copy App. update into the dload folder which you just created.
- Now at this point, simply switch off your phone and hold your and press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button.
- At this point, the phone will automatically detect the file and it will start the installation.
- Once the flashing is done, your device will now reboot into the new firmware.
Do make a note that the first reboot might take a while and we suggest you to stay patient with the same. With that said, if you have any querries with the installation, then be sure to let us know by commenting down below in the comment section and also stay tuned to Android Advices for more in