Honor launched the new Honor 6x smartphone just a couple of weeks back and the smartphone is indeed quite popular due to its affordable pricing and a great camera. The smartphone was launched with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box with the company’s custom UI on top of it called the EMUI 4.1. While the EMUI 4.1 is a great UI with a couple of interesting additions, it is still not the most preferred UI and people usually tend to change it to something else. Talking about custom UI, one of the best third party UI which is available for the Honor 6X smartphone is the Marshmallow Resurrection Remix M 5.7.4 ROM.
About the ROM
The Marshmallow Resurrection Remix M 5.7.4 ROM was developed by Xda forum member hackslash. This ROM is based on CyanogenMod which is now LineageOS and it has a very basic design that should be good for day-to-day usage. This ROM has a ton of different features and has no known issues, hence it is also very stable to install and run on your daily driver smartphone. Do make a note that your device needs to be unlocked and you need to have a custom recovery installed in order to install this ROM.
Features of ROM
- As mentioned earlier, this ROM is based on CyanogenMod 13 which is now called LineageOS 13. It has a ton of different options which you would expect from a typical linageOS ROM.
- It has inbuilt customization and Omni switch settings.
- You can also enable and disable navigation bar.
- It also has SuperSU built right into it.
- The RAM management on this ROM is also on point and you won’t have any problems there whatsoever.
- Touchscreen works just fine. (updated from last version)
- Wi-Fi and cellular networks are also working.
- Camera works fine with photos but in videos the 1080p footage is a bit shaky.
- Bluetooth connecitvity is inconsistant.
- Also, the camera images seem to have some inaccurate dimentions.
- The first thing you need to make sure is to create a complete backup of your data before beginning the installation. Since we will be completely wiping the internal memory, you may end up losing all the data and hence create a backup.
- As mentioned earlier, you will also need a custom recovery software in order to install this. You can use anyone which you want, however, we suggest you use the TWRP custom recovery software.
- You will also need the LineageOS 13 for this and we suggest you download that as well.
- Also, make sure to remove the fingerprint scanner and storage encryption before you begin the installation.
- Your device’s battery needs to have at least 60-percent charge so that it doesn’t dies during the installation which could result in a bricked smartphone.
- Also, be sure to download the files given in the links below which are also necessary for the setup.
- The first is to install the LineageOS 13 using the custom recovey.
- Only once that is done, can we move to the next step. Also, be sure to download and copy the files which you downloaded from the links given above.
- Now turn your off and enter into the recovery mode. You can do this by pressing Volume Up+ Power Key at the same time.
- Now, once you are in the recovery mode, look for ‘Wipe And Format Option ⇒ Wipe Data, Cache And Dalvik Cache’.
- Once you have found it, navigate to the ROM zip File which you downloaded and copied to the SD card.
- Simply select the ROM file and swipe to flash it. This will begin the setup of the remix ROM.
- After the setup is done, it is now time to install the Gapps for which you need to follow the same exact procedure.
- When you are done with both the installation, simply reboot your device and once you get back into it, you will be running the new Resurrection Remix M 5.7.4 ROM.
Do make a note that the first reboot may take a long time and hence we suggest you stay patient with the same. With that said, if you have any queries with the installation, then be sure to let us know in the comment section below and also stay tuned to Android Advices for tutorials like this.
Source – XDA