Samsung launched the Galaxy S7 and the S7 Edge smartphones last year and they are still one of the best smartphones which you can buy out there in the market. Both the smartphones are top of the lines devices with 1.6GHz octa-core and 4GB of RAM. The S7 Edge, in particular, comes with 5.5 inches Super AMOLED display with dual curves on the sides. There is also a 12MP shooter at the back and a 5MP shooter at the front for selfies.
At the time of the launch, the Galaxy S7 Edge was running Android 600 Marshmallow out of the box, however, the company has now rolled out the Android 7.0 Nougat to S7 and the S7 Edge. If you have not received the update till now or if you are not able to update your smartphone for some reason then this is your only way to update to the latest software.
About the Firmware
This firmware runs on the latest version of Android i.e. 7.0 Nougat and this particular firmware only works with SM-G935P with PDA G935PVPU4BQAA. The Kernal version is 3.18.31-10318693 and it was officially released on 01.Feb.2017. This update brings in a lot of changes to the software side of things. It brings in a new changed Multiwindow, New Messaging Apps, Improved Notifications, etc. It also has a new app drawer.
- The first step is to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. You can follow the steps given below for the same.
- Open Settings -> Developer options. Do make a note that the developer options are hidden by default and you need to enable them.
- To enable them, simply tap on the Kernal version on about section for about 8 times and you should see the developer options in the settings now.
- Now that you have unlocked the developer options, it is time to enable OEM unlocking. You can do this by going into the developer options.
- Once that is done, install Kies software as well as Odin tool.
- The first in this instalaltion is to extract Odin.zip and Firmware.zip files which you had downloaded preiously.
- Once you extract Odin.zip, look for odin.exe and run in the same folder in which you extracted it.
- After that, it is now time to siwtch off the phone and proceed to next step.
- Now press and hold the Volume Down + home + Power button to enter into the mode for installation.
- At this point, your device will be automatically detected by Odin for the installation.
- Now click the PDA box and select the installation file to proceed.
- Also be sure to check auto reboot and F.Reset time options.
- Now simply click the start button to begin the installation process.
- After the process gets over, your device will be automatically rebooted into the new Firmware.
Do make a note that the reboot will take time since it is the first reboot and it has to initiate all the files, etc. Hence we suggest you stick around for sometime. With that said, if you have any queries, then be sure to leave a comment down below and also stay tuned for more tutorials like this.