Huawei launched the new Nova smartphone last and it is one of the popular smartphones that the company has launched. At the time of the launch, the smartphone was running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and now the company has started rolling out the Nougat update for the same. If you haven’t got the update on your smartphone yet and are waiting for the same, then you can also flash the update manually and start using Nougat on your smartphone. If you are wondering how to do it, then you are in the right place since we will be showing you exactly how to do the same.
About the Firmware
This firmware is based on Android 7.0 Nougat version and the UI version is Emotion UI 5.0 as mentioned earlier. The firmware version of the same is B330 and it is only compatible with Huawei Nova smartphone. Hence be sure to flash this on Huawei Nova smartphone only as it won’t work with any other smartphone. This firmware (CAN-L11C185B330) is an official beta version directly released by the company for Middle East region and the update file size is 1.6GB and the CUST file size is 813 MB.
- The first step is to make sure that you are creating a backup of your smartphone. Since we will be wiping the internal memory clean, you need to have a backup if you don’t want to lose all your data.
- You also need to make sure that your device has about 60-percent charge when you start the process.
- Also be sure to check the model number as well as the CUST number before you flash to make sure it is the right version.
- And lastly download all the necessary package files from the links given below and keep them ready for the installation.
There are two methods that you can follow to install the firmware and we have given both the methods below. Feel free to follow either of the methods to install the same –
Stock recovery Method
- First of all, download both the files packages from the link given above.
- Once done, Extract both zip files.
- Now the next step is to create a folder named dload in the root of your SD card.
- Now simply copy all the files including the .zip files to this new folder.
- Once done, open dial pad type “ *#*# 2846579#*# * ”.
- Now here, select software upgrade and then go to SD card upgrade and then confirm the installation.
- This will trigger the flashing and once it is done, your phone will automatically reboot into the new firmware.
- The first thing you need to make sure in the method is that you have a custom recovery software installed or not.
- And once that is done, simply download the package files and keep in your SDcard.
- Now it is time to turn off your device and enter into the recovery mode.
- You can do this by pressing volume up + power key at the same time.
- Now once you are in the main menu of the recovery software, look for the Install option.
- Now select the SD card in the browse selection and navigate to the file which you have downloaded earlier.
- From the list, select the update.zip file and swipe to flash it.
- Once the process is done, don’t reboot again as you have to install the other package as well.
- Follow the same procedure for the same and then reboot now, once both the installation is over.
Do make a note that the first reboot in both the cases might take time since it has to initiate everything. Hence we suggest you stay patient with the same. With that said, if you have any queries with the installation, then be sure to let us know by commenting down below in the comment section and also be sure to stay tuned to Android Advices for more tutorials like this.