OnePlus launched the OnePlus 3three smartphone last year and then which was followed by the OnePlus 3T as well by the end of the year. Both the smartphone has an excellent set of specs for the price at which they are being offered at. The OnePlus 3 as well as the OnePlus 3T both runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. The OnePlus 3 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC whereas the OnePlus 3T runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoC which is a tad bit better than the OnePlus 3. Both the smartphones, on the other hand, packs 6GB of RAM.
While both the smartphones are pretty much running on Android 7.0 Nougat, if you wish to run the latest Nougat 7.1.1 version, then your only option is to flash a custom ROM. The one which we are about to install in this particular tutorial is the ResurrectionRemix based Phoenix AospExtended V3.2. This ROM as we all know is more focused on performance and gaming. However, this also has a better UI which is faster than the stock UI and is quite stable as well.
Features of Phoenix AospExtended V3.2
This particular ROM has a lot of interesting new features like a one-handed mode, privacy guard, etc. These are something which you won’t even find on the stock ROM or any other ROM for the most part. There is also an option to Force expand notifications which can be enabled or disabled at any time. Other options include a switch to show 4G instead of LTE or vice versa, etc. There are a ton of other options as well like the QS Tiles animation.
- The first step is to create a backup of your smartphone. Since we will be using a custom recovery method, your device’s internal memory needs to be wiped out completely which could lead to loss of data.
- As mentioned, you will also need a custom recovery software. You can use any custom recovery software. However, we suggest you use the TWRP custom recovery.
- You also need to make sure that your smartphone has about 50-60 percent of charge in the battery before beginning the installation.
- Download the files from the links given below. These files are necessary for the installation, and hence we suggest you keep them ready for the installation.
- Assuming that you have downloaded the files necessary for the installation, the first step is to copy the files to a USB drive.
- Now it is time to turn off the phone and enter the recovery mode. You can do this by pressing the Volume down + Power key at the same time.
- Now that you are in the recovery software, look for the ‘Wipe And Format Option ⇒ Wipe Data, System, Cache And Dalvik Cache’ option.
- Once that is done, go back to the main menu and select ‘install.’
- Now navigate to the.zip file which you downloaded in the first place to flash it.
- Once selected, swipe to flash it.
- Now you have to flash the Gapps with the same method before rebooting.
- After flashing the Gapps as well, you can go ahead and reboot the device now.
Do make a note that the first reboot usually takes about 5-7 minutes and hence we suggest you stay patient with the same. If in case you have any queries with this installation, then be sure to let us know by commenting down below and also stay tuned to Android Advices for more such tutorials.
Source – XDA