Intex which is a well-known brand for launching affordable smartphones had launched a new smartphone called the Intex Aqua 4G+. This is yet again an affordable offering from the company, and it was quite popular as well. It was powered by a Mediatek MT6735 which is a Quad-core processor with 1.3 GHz, and it has 2 GB RAM as well. It also has an internal storage of 16 GB which is also expandable upto 32GB via a microSD card. In terms of the camera, we are looking at a 13MP sensor at the back and 5MP sensor at the front.
However, since it is a particularly old device, it is not yet updated to the Nougat, and it looks like it won’t for a long time since there is no official info on the same. So if you wish to run the latest version of Android on this smartphone then, your only option is to flash it manually with the help of a third-party ROM like LineageOS. If you are wondering how to do it, then you are the right place, since we will be showing you exactly how to install Android 7.1 Nougat based LineageOS 14.1 on Intex Aqua 4G+. But first, let’s learn something about the ROM itself before installation.
About the ROM
LineageOS is nothing but the same old CyanogenMod with a different name since the company is now acquired by CyanogenMod. It has all the exact same features as to what CyanogenMod previously had, and it is in fact just as reliable as the CyanogenMod was. There are a couple of bugs, but they won’t hinder your day-to-day user experience whatsoever. As we all know that Cyanogengen is known for performance and utility based tasks and this won’t disappoint you either.
- The first thing you need to make sure is that you create a complete backup of your smartphone. Since we will be using custom recovery method, your internal memory will be wiped clean, and you will loose all your data.
- Another thing to make sure is that your device should be rooted in order for this installation to work.
- Also, before starting the installation, you also need to make sure that you have about 50-60 percent of battery. If your smartphone’s battery dies in the middle during the installation, then you will end up with a completely bricked smartphone.
- Be sure to download all the necessary files from the links given below.
- Assuming that you have downloaded the files given in the links above, it is now time to begin the installation.
- Now the first step is to turn off the device and enter the recovery mode. You can do this pressing Volume Down + Power Key at the same time.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, go to wipe, and format option ⇒ wipe data, system, cache and Dalvik cache to proceed further.
- With that you will be wiping your internal storage.
- After that, go back to the recovery menu and click on Install.
- Now navigate to the .zip file where you copied it earlier in the first step.
- Once done, swipe to Install and this will begin the installation procedure.
- After the installation, it is now time to install the GApps as well, and the procedure for that is also the same.
- Once done, reboot and you will be running the latest Android 7.0 Nougat based LineageOS 14.1.
Do make a note that the first reboot may take more time than usual since it has initiate everything so we suggest you be patient with the same. With that said, if you have any queries with the installation, then be sure to let us know by leaving a comment down below and also stay tuned to Android Advices for tutorials like this.
Source – XDA