LeTv (LeEco), a Chinese smartphone manufacturer launched the Le 1s smartphone early last year. The smartphone has priced quite aggressively, and it soon became quite popular due to that. The company sold a lot of them, however, now it looks like the smartphone owners are not going to receive any software updates for the same. It originally launched with Android 5.0 Lollipop with eUI on top of it. As mentioned earlier, it doesn’t look like the phone will be updated and if you wish to run the latest version of Android, then your only option is to flash it manually.
Today in this tutorial, we will be showing you exactly how to flash the LineagOS 14.1 firmware on your Le 1S smartphone. If you don’t know what LineageOS is, it is pretty much the same as that of CyanogenMod and just the name has been changed after the acquisition. You can expect this to be quite stable and reliable just like the CyanogenMod. Do make a note that you will need a custom recovery software to install this on your device.
Talking about the features, as mentioned earlier, it is very similar to CyanogenMod and hence you can expect all the feature here that you would find on CyanogenMod. It runs smooth and is highly optimized for the smartphone. Just like CyanogenMod, you also get theme support here. The battery life is also quite stable and you should have no problem there as well.
- The first thing which you need to make sure is to take a backup of all your contents in the previous phone.
- As mentioned earlier, you also need to make sure that you have a custom recovery software installed like TWRP, etc.
- You also need to make sure that you have at least 50-60 percent battery left in your phone before you begin the process.
- And finally, you need to download the files that are necessary for the installation from the links given below.
- Assuming that you have downloaded the files from the links given above, it is now time to proceed with the installation.
- Now the first step is to copy the files into an external memory and keep it ready for the setup.
- Once that is done, switch off your phone and enter into the recovery mode. You can do this by pressing Volume Down + Power Key at the same time.
- Once you are in, you can go to wipe and format option ⇒ wipe data, system, cache and Dalvik cache within the recovery option.
- After that, return to the main menu and then tap on the Install button.
- Now you can navigate to the place where you copied the file and then swipe to begin the flashing.
- Once the flashing is complete, it is now time to flash the GApps as well and you have to follow the exact same procedure for the same.
- After you are done flashing GApps as well, you can reboot your device and you will see that it will reboot into the new OS.
Do make a note that the final reboot may time since it has to initiate everything and hence we suggest you stay patient with the same. With that said, be sure to drop a comment down below if you have any queries and also stay tuned to Android Advices for more tutorials like this.