Nexus 6P as well all know is one of the most popular Nexus smartphone ever. It has a great hardware from the outside and an exceptionally smooth software on the inside and both of them do wonders when it comes to actual performance. Talking about the software of this device, it is currently running on the latest version of Android, however, if you want to experience a little change, then we suggest you try the LineageOS.
If you don’t know what LineageOS is, it is pretty much the same CyanogenMod which we had earlier. However, the name has been changed now to LineageOS after the acquisition. LineagOS is now running on over a million devices and it is growing at a faster pace than ever. Speaking of Nexus 6P, the LineagOS 14.1 is available for the Nexus 6P and it is based on Android 7.1 Nougat firmware. Do make a note that this is the first third party ROM with Nougat for the Nexus 6P.
As mentioned earlier, this particular version of the software has all the features which you would expect from CyanogenMod. It is just as smooth and stable as you would expect it to be. And hence without wasting any more time talking about the features, let’s quickly move over to the setup.
- The first thing which you need to make sure is to create a backup of the data in your internal storage.
- You will also need a custom recovery software installed in order to proceed with the installation.
- Alos, you need to make sure that your device has about 50-60-percent battery left before you begin the flashing process.
- And lastly, be sure to download the files given in the link down below.
- Assuming that you have downloaded the files from the link given above, it is now time to begin the installation.
- Now the first step is to turn off the device and enter into the recovery mode. You can simply do this by pressing the volume down + power key at the same time.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, go to “Wipe and format option -> Wipe Data, System, Cache And Dalvik Cache. You should find this option in the recovery menu.
- Now once done, get back to the main menu in recovery and go to install.
- Now you should navigate to the .zip file which you had downloaded from the link above.
- Simply select the file and swipe to flash it.
- Once this is done, it is now time to flash GApps as well and you have to follow pretty much the same procedure for the same.
- Now when both the installation is over, just reboot the device and you should be running on the latest version of LineageOS 14.1.
Do make a note that the first reboot may take a long time since it has to initiate everything and hence we suggest you stay patient with the same. With that said, if you happen to have any queries with the installation, then be sure to let us know by dropping a comment down below and also stay tuned to Android Advices for tutorials like this.