With ever growing market of Android it has quickly become a preferred operating system. Android has changed the gears on how we go with mobile phone. The Android is famous for its open source and biggest thing which makes it as a preferred choice is its Android Marketplace with every growing Android apps library. Now you can find 0.6 million Android applications available on Android Market something which Apple or Nokia can’t achieve until now. Coming back to the theme of this article, do you need an Android phone to test Android Markets apps? This article will explain you on how to run the Android apps on your Windows PC or laptop.
You know the Android famous Angry Birds games which are available on Google Chrome to play it on any platform, the similar way it’s possible to test out Android apps straight from your Windows enabled PC. This is possible through the BlueStacks App player available for download on your Windows PC and the Mac version is still in development stage. Overall the BlueStacks is still in alpha testing phase and its more than since months since they are testing this virtualization technology. Thanks that we have the alpha testing software available for download. You can download it from BlueStacks.com.
How to use BlueStacks on Windows
- The BlueStacks during the installation would be automatically added as a Gadgets on your PC.
- During the installation, when it’s completed, you would be shown with an introductory video on how to use BlueStacks.
- The BlueStacks launching icon would be place on the top right of the Windows home screen, as seen in the image below. Apart from that it’s added as ‘All Program’ menu from the Windows Start button. No matter whatever you use, it will launch the BlueStacks app on your Windows.
- To use an app click on any one of it and BlueStacks launches all the apps in full screen mode. Using your mouse you can make selection and the default app has the options at the footer which are ‘Go Back’, ‘Menu’, ‘close’, ‘zoom apps’, ‘all apps’ and ‘rotate apps’.
- For example I click on Pulse, this is an Android apps which will show me all the latest news. I would be able to navigate and use this apps just like as I use it on any Android phone or tablet. In similar ways you can test out all the applications which are available on the Android Market.
- The ‘Get Apps’ will allow you to download the news apps to BlueStacks among the present directory that you have and there is no limit on how many apps you add to the BlueStacks.
Send Apps from Android Phone to BlueStacks
If you think you want to test out an Android apps which is present on your phone, but for some reason you want to test it on your PC, you can send them to BlueStacks. To do this you need to download the BlueStacks Cloud Connect Android apps and do it using the cloud. This is as simple as sending files on Wi-Fi or using Bluetooth.
BlueStacks App Channels
For some reason the BlueStacks App channel is down for the moment. Though the BlueStacks shows ‘Get More apps’ and since it’s in alpha stage, it does opens and leads you to channels.bluestacks.com is down.
Here is the video tutorial which will show you on how to install BlueStacks Stacks and successfully test out the same.