A couple of months back, Huawei had officially announced that it will be bringing the new Huawei Mate 9 smartphone to the U.S and not only that, it was also reported that the U.S. variants of the smartphone will have Amazon’s, Alexa. As promised, the company has now released the same and we now have the official firmware available for the same with Alexa built into it. This is the new B183 firmware and it has Amazon’s Alexa built right into it.
About the Firmware
This version of firmware is based on Android 7.0 Nougat and it has Emotion UI 5.0. The firmware version is B183 and it will work only on Huawei Mate 9 (MHA-L29) and no other smartphone. Hence make sure that you are not installing this on any other device. This is an official firmware (MHA-L29C567B183) and it is limited to U.S only.
This firmware update adds Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant which is a cloud-based service. It is also said to fix some significant bugs and on top of all that, it comes with the latest March Security update. Do make a note that this particular version of firmware is limited to the U.S. only. However, if you wish to use the Alexa voice assistant on your device then go ahead and install the firmware and the installation for the same is given below.
- The first step is to check the model number of your smartphone. This will only work with Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L29 variant and hence it is advised that you try not to install this on any other model.
- The next step is to create a complete backup of your device. This installation will completely wipe out your device memory and hence we suggest you create a backup.
- You also need to make sure that your device has about 50-60 percent charge left in the battery before beginning the installation.
- And lastly, you need to download the necessary file from the link given below
- Assuming that you have created a backup of your files and have downloaded the file in the link given above, we can now start the installation procedure.
- The first step is to create “dload” folder to the root of the SD Card
- Once the folder is created, you need to copy the update.zip file which you downloaded into this folder.
- Once done, open dial pad and type “*#*# 2846579#*# *”.
- From the options, select software upgrade and go to SD card upgrade and then finally confirm the installation.
- This will trigger the flashing process and once the flashing is done, your device will automatically reboot into the new firmware.
Do make a note that the final reboot may take some time since it has to initiate all the files. Hence we suggest you stay patient with the same. With that said, if you happen to have any queries, then be sure to leave a comment down below also stay tuned to Android Advices for more info on this.