Huawei Ideos X5 U8800, one of the affordable Android Gingerbread laden smart phones is here to create the ripples in the ocean of Android World. With the level of customization Android offers, there is hardly any other platform which offers the flexibility of the same level and so does almost all the Android smart phones which are not sported with the boot loaders can be customized as per your requirements and needs. So, before we proceed for the articles on the customization part you will have to first ensure that the Recovery Mode is being successfully flashed on your phone which is the most popular Clock Work Mod Recovery. So, in the due course of this article we will see on how you can easily update your device with the Clock Work mod Recovery so that you can easily flash the third party ROMs in your phone which will add up the customizations on your device which we will soon be covering on AndroidAdvices.com.
Last time we saw on how you can Root your Huawei IDEOS X5 phone. Now, all you need to do is to root your phone after which you just need to proceed with the instructions which are mentioned below which includes not only the procedure to install the Clock Work Mod Recovery but also the pre Flashing instructions which are very useful die to which it will ensure that the CWM is being correctly flashed. The installation of the recovery mode supports the EXT 4 and also the large file system is supported followed by the updated recovery mode benefit which you will get once you update the phone with the below mentioned procedure.
Note: Please note that you will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset. You will have to contact your Service provider to get more info on the APN Settings or alternatively you too can make a note of it. Not to forget also configure the MMS Settings or take down the MMS Settings as this too will need to be re configured after the rooting process. Also, we take no responsibility if you download the files and apply the below procedure to root your phone by following the instructions from any other site apart from AndroidAdvices.com.
Rooting as well as the Clock Work Mod Recovery ensures that you can enjoy the benefit of the custom ROMs and also other things which you can do with the rooting of a device. If you are a developer then nothing can be better than rooting the device as this opens up your device to a whole new gateway of services and applications as some of the hardcore applications which needs the system files level access requires the rooting access and rooting the device is actually what it needs to satisfy this.
Pre Installation Instructions:
- Warranty will get void once you root Huawei Device, though warranty can be claimed once you un root your device.
- In an unlikely event you may lose all the data which is present in your Huawei Ideos X5, so it’s recommended to create a backup of all the data like call log, messages, applications, music, videos and other data which is present in the phone, so that you can restore the same once the rooting process is completed.
- It’s very important to maintain a minimum battery power of 50% so as to facilitate the smoother rooting process or else there is a high possibility that your device may end up turning completely off in the process of rooting.
- Since the process of rooting will be taking place, all the APN settings with which you access the Internet will be wiped off completely, so ensure that you have noted all the required settings for accessing the internet so that you can configure them again back once the device gets rooted.
- Last but not the least follow the below mentioned instructions carefully so as to save your phone from being turned into an expensive paper weight.
Procedure to Install the Clock Work Mod Recovery in Huawei IDEOS X5:
- First up you will have to download and extract the Huawei CWM Zip file which has nothing but the image file of the Clock Work Mod Recovery which we will see in the due course of this article on to use the same.
- Once you download and place the file on your desktop, you will have to extract he contents of the same so that we can use the same. Please note that in the process of Extraction, you will be asked to enter the password. Enter the password as androidadvices.com and no other password will work.
- Now, after entering the password and clicking on the “Ok” tab, the files will be extracted to the desktop or to the path which you have selected. Now, you will have to go to the path first which is Back up the recovery image which is located at the path “/cust_backup/image/recovery.img” and then you will have to place the downloaded and extracted image file to the path “/cust_backup/image/”.
- Now, as soon as you place the file all you need to do is to just power Off the device. After turning your device Off, you will have to now turn On the recovery mode which can be done by holding the Volume + key and Power button to power the phone. (Please note that you will have to hold the VOL key and then power ON the device) until you see the Recovery MODE which is shown below.
That’s it in this way you can install the Clock Work Mod Recovery in your Huawei IDEOS X5 handset. Do let us know if you face any issues while / after following the instructions. Just in case if you are unable to browse the internet in your phone then you will have to reconfigure the noted APN Settings carefully as following the above procedure won’t damage anything.