How to Install Clock Work Mod Recovery Image in Huawei Media Pad
Huawei Media Pad users can now stop feeling left out as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily install the clock work mod recovery image. This CWM workaround comes at a time when there is a much speculation about the custom ROM firmware installations which we will be coming out very soon as all thanks to the developers as they are working hard to fine tune the overall Android experience. Please be informed that once the CWM is installed in your device, you can then install the apps which need the root access and also the custom ROM firmwares etc. Also, you can directly enter the device in the CWM recovery mode as an all-new app named as “CWM” is created in the app list.
Disclaimer: If you don’t follow the instructions then there is a probability that the device may get bricked for which we should not be held responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will surely address the same.
This CWM is still in its early stages and there are few bugs too which are mentioned below,
- data & time on archives are wrong
- mount USB storage does not work
- adb not enabled in recovery mode
- Formats and Wipes do not work don’t use them
With the help of below mentioned steps you will have to back up all the data so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Minimum battery life should be a minimum of 50% to avoid device from turning Off in the middle of the update process. Also, you need to make sure that the antivirus applications in your computer are disabled temporarily as these tools may interrupt the process of CWM installation.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to install Clock Work mod recovery in your Huawei Media Pad.
Procedure to Install Huawei MEDIA Pad with the Clock Work mod recovery Image:
- First up you need to install the ADB in your computer from the respective link. Once it’s installed, you now need open the command prompt window in your computer.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then open the command prompt window in your device. Download the CWM image from here to your computer and place the same in the “fastboot” folder in your Windows based computers.
- Now, in the command prompt, you need to enter the below mentioned commands one by one as mentioned in the chronological order. Ensure that you are following all the on screen instructions. Also, give a definite gap between each command. As usual flash both “recovery” and “recovery2″ partitions using “fastboot” and one of the attached CWM recover
fastboot flash recovery recovery-18.104.22.168-HWMOD-eabi-4.4.3.img
fastboot flash recovery2 recovery-22.214.171.124-HWMOD-eabi-4.4.3.img
- So once all the above mentioned commands are processed successfully, that means the device is now installed with the CWM.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues and we will try out level best to sort out the same. In the coming days we will be coming up with many more custom ROM firmwares which will then enhance your user experience.