After rooting your LG Optimus Me 350, it’s now time for you to install the custom recovery image known as Amon RA GNM 2.2.1. This recovery image helps one to make use of many custom ROMs which includes the Ice Cream Sandwich ICS Android 4.0 firmware for LG Optimus Me 350. In coming days, we will be checking out on how to install many custom ROMs but before that you need to install the custom Recovery image.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if any damage is done to your device caused by updating the firmware which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions as mentioned in the article including the pre requisites and the procedure to update the phone.
CAUTION: This update should not be applied to the phones which are NETWORK LOCKED DEVICES, if you still continue to update your phone then we cannot guarantee on the consequences.
So, let’s head to the procedure wherein you can easily install the custom recovery image of Amon RA GNM.
Procedure to Install Recovery image in LG Optimus Me 350:
- First up you need to Root LG Optimus Me 350 and then all you need to do is to download the Zip file of Amon RA GNM from here in your computer to extract the same.
- After extracting, you will find three files as shown in the below screen capture which includes recovery-RA-pecan-2.2.1-GNM-drap.img, flash_image & md5sum.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable so that we can process the commands which we wil br checking out in the due course of the article.
- Now, you need to check the Md5 sum which is an optional one with the help of below mentioned command which you need to enter in the terminal.
md5sum -c md5sum
- Now, next up copy the .img file as well as flash_image to your sd card with thehelp of below mentioned commands.
adb push recovery-RA-pecan-2.2.1-GNM-drap.img /sdcard/
adb push flash_image /sdcard/
- After this, you need to login, remount the system in RW Mode and then select “install” flash_image utility by entering the below mentioned command,
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
- Now, you need to flash the same because there is not enough virtual RAM. It is recommended to reboot the phone before flashing with the help of below mentioned command.
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-pecan-2.2.1-GNM-drap.img
- Now, all you need to do is to reboot the phone with the help of below mentioned command.
# reboot recovery
So, in this way you have easily installed the Custom Recovery Image in LG Optimus Me P350 Android Phone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of installing custom recovery.