How to Install Custom Recovery Image in any SONY Xperia Phone with One Click
Ever dreamt of installing the custom recovery image in your SONY Xperia series smartphone with a one click tool? If not, you can from now as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can root the same. The best part of this tool is that you need not have to go through the tedious process of installing ADB in your computer and other custom recovery installation methods so as to root the device. Please be informed that once you root the device, the warranty will get void for which we shall not be liable. To unroot the device, you need to re apply the original factory firmware. Almost 13 devices can be rooted with the help of below mentioned steps.
This tool support ICS (Android 4.0) and Gingerbread (Android 2.3) for 2011 devices and Eclair (Android 2.1 for X8, X10 Mini & X10 Mini pro. The overall interface of this one click tool is very simple to use and all thanks to the XDA user LEDelete who has come up with this tool. This tool is coded in C++ platform. In the next few days we will be soon upping our ante by bringing in more articles which will help you in installing the custom ROM firmwares and the apps which need the root access. The name of the tool is RecoverX v1.2 which is the one click tool for rooting virtually every SONY Xperia device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible if your device falters or gets bricked due to not following the instructions as mentioned in this tutorial. So, ensure that you are following all the instructions mentioned in this article.
We have mentioned below a list of devices which can be rooted with the one click tool,
- Xperia Active
- Xperia Live with Walkman
- Xperia Mini
- Xperia Mini Pro
- Xperia Arc
- Xperia Arc S
- Xperia Neo
- Xperia Neo V
- Xperia Play
- Xperia Pro
- Xperia Ray
- Xperia X8
- Xperia X10 Mini
- Xperia X10 Mini Pro
This tool is able to install:
- Clock Work Mod Recovery 18.104.22.168 (for others devices)
- Clock Work Mod Recovery 22.214.171.124 (for X8, X10 Mini & X10 Mini pro only)
- xRecovery (for X8, X10 Mini & X10 Mini pro only)
It’s highly recommended to back up all the data present in your Xperia device as there is a possibility that the data might get lost / corrupted. Don’t make use of SONY’s PC Companion tool for backing up the data as it may not detect your device on the rooted / custom rom firmware
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Ensure that the USB Debugging option is enabled which can be done from the Settings > Development Options. Also, the battery level in your Xperia device should not be less than 60%.
So once you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head to the next section where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to root your Xperia device.
Procedure to Root SONY Xperia Device with just One Click:
- Before proceeding you need to ensure that the device is rooted. Download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and then open the same for checking on whether the device is rooted or not. If the device is not rooted then the recovery can’t be installed in your Xperia device.
- Download the Recover X tool from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you then will have to extract the same so as to get the below shown files. Once it’s done, you will have to click on “RecoverX.exe” executable file in your computer.
- Connect your SONY Xperia device to the computer with the help of original USB cable. Once it’s connected, type in the “command” space as “install” and then all you need to do is to just enter the numeric option as shown in the image below depending upon the device which you have connected.
- It will hardly take a minute or two to install the custom recovery image. Once it’s done, the device will be rebooting and then all you need to do is to just disconnect the device.
Note: Just in case if the device doesn’t boot up or say gets into the boot loop sequence, you need to long press the power button or reinsert the battery to turn off the device and retry the whole process from start.
So there you go, you have successfully installed the custom recovery image in your Xperia device. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.