CyanogenMod, one of the most famous custom ROMs on Android smartphones comes with a great looking and highly functional MMS application. This not only has a beautiful interface, but comes with Emoji support and Quick Reply buttons alongside too. In this post, we’ll take a look on how to get this application on all Android smartphones, irrespective of whether it is running a copy of Cyanogenmod or not.
Note : You need to have a rooted Android device to have this work. If your phone is not rooted yet, root your Android phone to allow applications to gain access to root level permissions before proceeding.
- Download the APK file of the MMS Application by Cyanogenmod. Download Link
- Now, connect your phone to the computer and place the downloaded apk file in the root of your smartphone directory, either on the phone or on the SD Card.
- Download and Install any Root-enabled file explorer application from the Play Store. The recommended ones are Root Explorer or Root Browser Lite Free.
- Now, using the above downloaded application, navigate to the folder where the downloaded file was placed and ensure that it is named as “Mms.apk”. If not, tap and hold it to rename it as mentioned.
- Now, copy the file and tap on the ‘Back’ button.
- Further , head to the following directory : system -> app .
- Now, hit the paste button and allow the file to overwrite the existing file in that directory.
- Now, restart your device and the proceedure is complete.
That’s about installing the MMS application from CyanogenMod. Being a simple yet useful application that brings in quick reply systems right in the notification bar and full support for Emoji icons within the messaging app, it is a good add-on to your rooted Android phone if you’re looking for quicker functionality or usage of the Emojis while messaging.