After receiving so many custom Rom firmwares like Cyanogen Mod 9, Slim ROM ICS and AOKP build for Samsung Galaxy S smartphone, the time has come to go to the next level where we will be talking about further add-ons magic for your device. In this article we will be checking out about an add on which will help you to turn your Galaxy S smartphone into the awesome looking Galaxy SIII smartphone in terms of the launcher used and other touch wiz settings. Unfortunately, this work around can’t be applied on the stock firmware update and it’s a must for one to be on the custom ROM firmware. This add on is the TWICS Add On.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of applying this rooting process in your device. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions to the point which are mentioned in procedure.
This add on is having the below mentioned features.
- Launcher auto-rotation removed
- S2 Weather Widget removed
- S3 Weather Widget added
- S3 like Pop-Up Video added
- Flipboard added
- minor changes on launcher
- Installation like always, flash it over your unmodded ROM
It’s important to back up all the data present in your device as in the due course you will have to wipe the data
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Also, enable the USB Debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked, if you get any prompt then you will have to accept the same.
So let’s get started with a detailed guide on how you can easily apply this add on update in your Galaxy S.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S with Galaxy S3 Looking TWICS Add On:
- First up you need to download the Twics Add on from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you now need to connect your device to the computer and place this zip file in your device. Ensure that you are placing the device in your device’s SD Card.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S GT I9000 can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Now, in recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and choose the zip file which you have placed in your phone. Once the file is selected, it will take around 6 – 7 minutes to apply the same.
Note: In a rare case the device refuses to boot or booting gets in the loop, you must reinsert the battery and switch on the device again. You can also re-apply the update by following the above steps.
Do let us know in the comments section below just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same in the comments section below. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of Galaxy S3 UI in your Galaxy S GT I9000.