Samsung launched the Galaxy S7 smartphones last year and needless to say that they are still one of the best devices out there which you can buy. Having said that, one of the main issues which people usually face is with the software. However, with the Galaxy S7, the company has managed to keep it updated. The company also just released a new update for this device which brings in the new March 2017 security patch as well.
If for reason you didn’t get the update or if you have flashed some other third party ROM and want to go back to this latest build by Samsung for the Galaxy S7, then you are in the right place, since today in this tutorial we will be showing you exactly how to flash the new Nougat based OTA update with March 2017 security patch for the Galaxy S7 smartphone.
About the ROM
This new firmware released by Samsung comes with the Android 7.0 Nougat version and it is only compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone. The PDA is G930AUCS4BQC2 and this was released in the month of March. So let’s quickly what are things which you need to make sure before starting the installation.
- The first step is to download the OTA firmware which we will be flashing here in this smartphone today. Without this, you cannot do anything in this tutorial and hence we suggest you download it and keep it ready for the setup.
- The next step is to turn off the Reactivation lock. This will allow for a smooth installation process.
- Assuming that you have downloaded the files mentioned above, it is now time to begin the installation process and flash this firmware.
- Once you have downloaded the file, simply copy it to your phone.
- Now that you have copied it, it is time to turn off your device and get into the recovery mode. You can do this by pressing volume up + home + power button at the same time.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, go to Apply Update from the SD card and then select the firmware.zip file which you had copied earlier.
- This will install the file and after that, your device will reboot.
- Once it is done, you will notice that your device has successfully rebooted into the new firmware version.
Do make a note that the first reboot may take longer than usual since it has to do all the initiation of the files, etc. With that said, be sure to let us know if you have any queries with the installation procedure by dropping a comment down below. Also, be sure to stay tuned to Android Advices for more tutorials like this.