Google launched the Android One devices last year with a clear aim to bring the clean and pure vanilla OS experience to all the users at an affordable price with assured updates in the future. Initially, Android One initiative was launched in partnership with 3 domestic players Micromax, Karbonn and Spice, which was further extended to some more manufacturers.
Google has now announced the launch of its Android One initiative in Indonesia, earlier this month. The Android One smartphones launching in Indonesia will run the latest Android Lollipop build, 5.1, which hasn’t yet been officially previewed.
If you’d like to flash Official Android 5.1 Lollipop on your Android One device, follow the installation instructions given below. It’s not CM12 Rom but is the official stock ROM of Indonesia Android One devices but works on indian android one devices too. This ROM from Indonesian android one device has been made available by xda developer @yusuf7x.
We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused due to not following the instructions mentioned in this article.
- Do NOT flash this ROM on devices other than the Micromax Canvas A1, Spice Dream Uno or Karbonn Sparkle V.
- Before getting on with the Android 5.1 ROM flashing, you need a PhilZ custom recovery to install the ROM. If you’ve not yet installed a custom recovery on your Android One device before, follow the Steps to install PhilZ recovery on Android one device.
- For rooting and flashing custom ROMs, you have to unlock the bootloader on your Android One device. If you’ve not yet unlocked the bootloader on your Android One device before, follow the Steps to unlock the bootloader on Android One device.
- Your smartphone should be ROOTED to flash custom RAM. If you’ve not yet rooted your Android One device before, follow the Steps to root the Android One Smartphone.
Detailed Guide to install Official Android 5.1 ROM.
- Download the Official Android Lollipop 5.1 zip file and unzip the file in clockworkmod/backup folder (in sd card).
- Then reboot the device into recovery mode as follows:
- Power OFF the device and wait until it is completely shutdown.
- Now press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together until the device enters bootloader mode.
- Use Volume Up button to browse and highlight Recovery option, and then press Volume Down to choose the option.
- Once in recovery mode, take a backup of your current ROM.
- Once the backup is finished, select “Wipe and Format” option and Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik.
- After the wipe process completes, return to main Recovery menu
- Now select “Backup and restore” and then click on “custom restore from/external_sd” option.
- Next select “restore system” and “restore boot” only and click on “Start custom recovery job”.
- Now select “boot.img” to start the restoring.
- Once the restoring is done, reboot the device.
The first boot after the ROM installation may be time-consuming. So, do not interrupt the boot process and allow the device to boot up completely before displaying the initial setup screen.You have now successfully installed and configured the Android 5.1 lollipop.