Just like Clock Work mod recovery, there’s Safe Strap recovery for Motorola Droid Razr and in the due course of this article we will be checking out the same on how to install this easily with a detailed guide. Please note that this is very essential when you install any custom ROM firmware in your phone as without installing this recovery, it’s not possible to benefit from the custom ROM firmware installation. Over a period of this article, we will be checking out on what are the list of quick pre requisites you need to follow along with a detailed guide on how to install Safe Strap in Motorola Droid Razr. Also, be informed that once you root the device, the warranty will get void and then only way with which you can revoke the root access is by re applying the original factory firmware update.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Motorola Droid Razr from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
Assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up detailed instructions on how to apply this Safe Strap recovery.
Tutorial to Install Safe Strap Recovery in Motorola Droid Razr:
- Just in case if you are having the Rooted Motorola Droid Razr, then you need to uninstall the Bootstrap app which you can uninstall from “Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Bionic Bootstrap” and then tap on the “Uninstall” tab to uninstall the same.
- Now, download the Safe Strap APK from here to your computer and connect your device to the computer with the help of USB cable in the Mass Storage mode. Place the downloaded APK file in your device’s internal / external storage media. Disconnect the connected phone from the computer.
- Open the file explorer and tap navigate to the “RAZRSafestrap-1.0.apk” which you placed and open the same to install in your Motorola Razr.
- Please note that just in case if you get the message as “Install Blocked”, then you need to select “Settings” option and choose the option of “Unknown Sources” and select “On”.
- Up next, you will have to select the option of open “RAZRSafestrap-1.0.apk” and then again tap on the option of “Install“. As soon as the application is installed successfully, you now need to select the option of “Open” for opening the same.
- Now, you will get a prompt by “Superuser” which you will need to “Allow” the same. Select “Install Recovery” and as soon as the recovery is installed, you now need to turn off the Motorola Droid Razr.
- When your Droid Razr reboots, you should get the following menu after splash screen, simply press Menu button (left button) to get into Recovery mode.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of Safe strap recovery installation gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
So, there you go, you have now successfully installed the Safe strap recovery a.k.a clock work mod recovery in your Motorola Droid Razr. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section as we will try our level best to sort out the same.