OnePlus has just released the Oxygen OS 4.1.0 update for the OnePlus 3T smartphone, and it is slowly making it’s way to the smartphones. If you haven’t got the update yet then don’t worry, you will be getting it shortly as it is rolling out for each location. However, if you simply can’t wait for the getting your hands on the new software, then your only option is to flash the update manually. If you are wondering how to do that, then you are at the place since today in this tutorial, we will be showing exactly how to flash the update manually on your OnePlus 3T.
About the ROM & Changelog
As mentioned earlier, this new version of the Oxygen OS is based on the Android version 7.1.1 Nougat. It comes with a lot of changes, and you can see all of them in detail in the changelog given below. Also, do make a note that you need to flash the update manually using a custom recovery software like TWRP custom recovery. The changelog for this particular version of update is as follows –
- Improved picture quality that now allows taking the picture of a moving object with less blur using the blur reduction option.
- Google security patch update to 1st March 2017.
- Vidoe stabilization is also improved while recording.
- Expandable screenshots are now available.
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth connectivity are also improved.
- The only thing which you need to make sure is to download the file that is necessary for the installation. It is given in the link below.
- The first thing which you need to do is to create a backup of all your important docs.
- Now once that is done, make sure you download the Oxygen OS file from the link given above and paste it in the internal storage of your phone.
- After this, turn off your phone and enter into the recovery mode.
- You can enter the recovery by pressing Power + Volume down button.
- Once you are in Wipe Data and Cache.
- Next, install from Local storage by selecting the file.
- After selecting the file which you downloaded, it is now time to swipe to Install.
- Now just wait for it to get over after which it will automatically reboot.
- Once it is done, it will automaticaly reboot into the new OS.
Do make a note that the first reboot may take a while since it has to initiate everything. With that said, be sure to know if you have any queries with this installation. Also, stay tuned to Android Advices for more such tutorials.